Fedora 6 WAC groups

Rastislav Hudak

Jun 10, 2021, 7:39:56 AM6/10/21
to fedor...@googlegroups.com
Hi community!

I have a question about the way Web Access Control authorization works, feel free to point me to a discussion/resource I have missed.

The documentation says
""Who?" - Users and Groups"
and but also
"As currently implemented, the group resource must also be stored in Fedora;"

For a large institution (~ 10.000 employees) divided into a complex and dynamic structure of units, keeping the "group resource" synced with the directory might be quite cumbersome. I can also think of repositories needing to define authz based on SAML affiliations like faculty, student, library-walk-in etc... which would then also need to be projected onto a "group resource"?

Or is there any workaround for this?

Cheers,
Rasta