fedora 6 questions

herr.s...@googlemail.com

Sep 14, 2021, 4:38:38 AM9/14/21
to Fedora Tech

Hi, everybody,

finally we are using Fedora 6 in our production environments https://rgz.staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/ and https://rgst.staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/ (unfortunately not available to the public). Everything is working fine, but I hav a question and suggestion:

1) In the Tomcat log I find many entries like "Rolling back storage session <guid>" although nothing should be stored in this read-only repository. Is that normal or how can I avoid such behavior?

2) The real migration we did on a test server and copied then the data to the producive one. Then we noticed on start that (again) not all triples were visible in the repository objects. The reason was of course that the server name of non-fedora namespace triples is hard-coded in all *.nt files. Would'nt it be a better idea to define a global URI prefix in a configuration file and use it everywhere it is needed. In my opinion that would make server moves without migration much easier.

Yours

Oliver

Peter Winckles

Sep 14, 2021, 9:07:02 AM9/14/21
to fedor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Oliver,

  1. This is not a problem; it is just noise in the log. I created a ticket to clean it up: https://fedora-repository.atlassian.net/browse/FCREPO-3765
  2. I don’t quite follow what happened here. Can you provide an example of what you’re seeing in the *.nt files? Fedora should not be storing the server name in the triples, so, if it is, there might be something else going wrong.

If you’d like more interactive assistance, you’re welcome to reach out in the #tech channel on Slack (https://fedora-project.slack.com/).

Peter

herr.s...@googlemail.com

Sep 14, 2021, 9:45:17 AM9/14/21
to Fedora Tech
Thanks Peter,

the *.nt files were created on the migration process, following the pattern

Subject (http://FQSN:port/rest/address) Predicate (whatever) Object (whatever) .

I will provide an example directly to you in Slack.

See you

Oliver

herr.s...@googlemail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 6:17:54 AM9/16/21
to Fedora Tech
As Peter explained, everything is fine when a string like

is changed into

info:fedora/path/to/my/object

This shoud be considered in the migration process. I did it now afterwards, using sed to change some 80 k files in 10 minutes or so.

Cheers

Oliver

Peter Winckles

Sep 16, 2021, 8:26:23 AM9/16/21
to fedor...@googlegroups.com

Oliver,

You ran sed on the migrated resources? This will invalidate your OCFL objects as the files no longer have their expected checksum.

Peter

herr.s...@googlemail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 9:00:18 AM9/16/21
to Fedora Tech
Ah, I did not consider this. I still do not note any anomalities, what should go wrong? Of course I changed only the *.nt files.

Peter Winckles

Sep 16, 2021, 9:07:06 AM9/16/21
to fedor...@googlegroups.com

Fedora will still function normally. However, your OCFL objects will not validate and Fedora fixity checks [1] will fail.

Peter

[1] https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/FEDORA6x/RESTful+HTTP+API+-+Fixity

herr.s...@googlemail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 9:15:26 AM9/16/21
to Fedora Tech
Good to know - but right now I did a fixity check and it works. The *.nt files do not have a checksum (at least not in my repository, in contrast to the *.json files which I did not change

Peter Winckles

Sep 16, 2021, 9:22:55 AM9/16/21
to fedor...@googlegroups.com

I see, the fixity check must only work for binary resources.

If you would like to see the OCFL failures, you can use the ocfl-py validator[1].

You can use it by navigating to the root of your OCFL repository and then executing: `ocfl-validate.py .`

Peter

[1] https://github.com/zimeon/ocfl-py

herr.s...@googlemail.com

Sep 23, 2021, 4:24:00 AM9/23/21
to Fedora Tech
Thanks, Peter,

I could verify your warning with the validator. Lesson learned! So in the future I will re-migrate the repository and generally be more careful.

See you

Oliver