Fedora 3 Admin Web Interface Flash

Page, John (IM&T, Clayton)

Mar 24, 2021, 11:36:58 PM3/24/21
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

We are using Fedora 3 and use the Admin Web interface to manage production support issues.

Since Flash is no longer supported, it has become hard to perform the functions that are required.

The command line interface is not that helpful and yes we are planning to migrate to version 6 in a few months from now.

I was wondering if someone has been able to work around this issue ?

Thanks,

John

Scott Prater

Mar 25, 2021, 8:59:21 AM3/25/21
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello, John —

I’ve developed several shell scripts that use curl and the REST API to perform occasional Fedora 3 update tasks.  If you’re comfortable with the command line, I’m happy to share them with you.

The Fedora 3.8 REST API is what we’ve turned to after Flash quit working.

— Scott

Scott Prater
Digital Library Architect
UW Digital Collections Center
University of Wisconsin - Madison

Paul.Tr...@mpi.nl

Mar 25, 2021, 9:07:19 AM3/25/21
to Fedora Community
Hello John, yes, I'm copying here what I posted on the Islandora Slack a couple of weeks ago:

Certain versions of Chrome (53 and older) came bundled with a Flash plugin (also old, so does not have the "self-destruct after 01-01-2021" feature). They can be downloaded from here: https://www.slimjet.com/chrome/google-chrome-old-version.php . Note that even though this site seems legit, it is not affiliated with Google. Also, these old Chrome versions obviously have many security issues, so you may want to run it in a virtual machine, or at least only use it to visit your Fedora admin page.(https://superuser.com/questions/1381356/how-can-i-download-an-old-version-of-google-chrome)

Best regards,

Paul