Transitioning to a New Position

David Wilcox

Sep 10, 2021, 9:28:23 AM9/10/21
to Fedora Community
Hi everyone,

I’m writing to let you know that I recently applied for and accepted a new position within LYRASIS as the Product Manager for The Palace Project (https://thepalaceproject.org). I will start this month, but in order to ensure a smooth transition I won’t be working full-time in this position right away. I will gradually reduce my time on Fedora throughout September and October before fully transitioning in November.

I’d like to express my deep gratitude to the Fedora community for all your engagement and support over these past several years. I joined the team at DuraSpace in 2014 to work on Fedora, and it has been the highlight of my career thus far. But after working on this project for over 7 years it is time to move on to something new. I am excited to begin working on the Palace Project, but I will miss working with all of you. I hope our paths cross again in the future.

I am very proud of the work everyone has done to bring Fedora forward to the 6.0 release. This is a real milestone in Fedora’s lifecycle, and a testament to the hard work and dedication of our community. But our work is not done; you can expect to hear from the Fedora governance chairs in the near future about plans and activities for the next phase of Fedora development.

Thanks again for being such a welcoming and supportive community. I hope we’re able to work together again down the road.

Regards,

David

--
David Wilcox
Program Leader, DuraSpace Community Supported Programs