New Fedora Ecosystem Releases: Fedora 6.1.1 and Camel Toolbox 6.0.0

Daniel Bernstein

Dec 13, 2021, 3:13:51 PM12/13/21
to fedor...@googlegroups.com, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com, samver...@googlegroups.com

Fedora 6.1 Is Here!

Today we are happy to announce the release of Fedora 6.1.  In addition to the core software updates (https://github.com/fcrepo/fcrepo), we have also released improvements to the migration and validation tool sets. This round of changes has been focused on bug fixes and performance enhancements.  Also please note that a bugfix release (6.1.1) went out on the heels of Fedora 6.1.0 that addresses a single issue related to indexing.  Come take it for a spin if you haven't already and let us know what you think on Slack or the fedor...@googlegroups.com mailing list.

A deep bow to our dedicated team of contributors and their institutions:

Peter Winckles - University of Wisconsin Madison

Jared Whiklo - University of Manitoba

Ben Pennell - University of North Carolina Chapel Hill

Demian Katz - Villanova University
Geoff Scholl - Villanova University

Calvin Xu - National Library of Medicine

Thomas Bernhart - Docuteam

Danny Bernstein - Lyrasis

Mike Ritter - Lyrasis

Details:

Fedora Core

Migration Tooling:

Migration Utils 6.1.0 [Download]
Fedora Upgrade Utils 6.1.0  [Download]

Fedora Migration Validator 1.1.0 [Download]

Fedora Import Export Utility 1.1.0 [Download]

Come play with Fedora Camel Toolbox 6.0.0

We ran a Camel Toolbox Reboot Sprint in October during which the following core objectives were reached:

  • Upgrade codebase to Camel 3.9.0 (from Camel 2.x)

  • Add new the HTTP Forwarding Service

  • Remove dependency on the loathed OSGI/Kafka platform

  • Simplify packaging by providing a runnable jar with a properties file

  • Dockerize the application

  • Provide Docker Compose example

Please feel free to put it through its paces by following the Docker Compose instructions here.

Some useful links:

Many thanks to the following community members who participated in this sprint:

Demian Katz - Villanova University

Geoff Scholl - Villanova University

Calvin Xu - National Library of Medicine

Thomas Bernhart - Docuteam

Danny Bernstein - Lyrasis

Mike Ritter - Lyrasis

Thank you again for your continued interest in the ongoing development of Fedora!

Warm regards,

Danny Bernstein

Technical Lead, Lyrasis