Summer of Islandora Reminder

Arran Griffith

Jun 25, 2021, 2:23:46 PM6/25/21
to isla...@googlegroups.com, Islandora Community, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

I’m hoping by now you’ve heard about what’s happening this summer over here at Islandora! We announced last week that in lieu of Islandora Online and IslandoraCon we are hosting 3 themed sessions during our regularly scheduled Open Meeting time slots and calling the series “The Summer of Islandora”!

But what does this mean?!

On June 29th, 2021 we are holding our first themed session and the schedule is as follows:

Time (Eastern)

Demo

Speaker

10:00 - 10:10

Welcome and Intros

Arran Griffith

10:10 - 10:40

Intro to ISLE

Danny Lamb

10:40 - 11:00

Q&A - Open Session

11:00 - 11:30

Intro to Workbench

Mark Jordan

11:30 - 12:00

Q&A - Open Session

12:00 - 12:15 (on-going)

Info gathering session

Arran Griffith

12:15 - 1:00

Open Session

1:00 - 1:20

Linked Agents & Taxonomies

Seth Shaw

1:20 - 2:00

Q&A - Open Session

As with all Open Meetings, we have built in time for people to bring their questions to the tech team for answering and will be fielding all usual use case questions or institutionally specific situations as well.

So come one, come all. Bring your friends and colleagues. The more the merrier. No registration is required, but we are asking that you send an email to comm...@islandora.ca to receive the calendar invite or zoom password for privacy reasons.

Cheers and I can’t wait to see you all next week!

Arran Griffith
---
Islandora Foundation
Summer of Islandora-2.png