Fedora Information Gathering Session: Call for Participation

Arran Griffith

Aug 11, 2021, 10:00:12 AM8/11/21
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com, German-speakin...@googlegroups.com, scs-fedo...@googlegroups.com, dc-fedo...@googlegroups.com

Hello Fedora Community,

As we move into Fall, we know that most institutions will be returning to offices and campuses around the globe and there is a lot going on for everyone. However, this is also a great time to reflect on our current needs as a community and try to identify areas where we should be focusing our energies - which is exactly what we want to do here at Fedora. With the software release ready and available for download, we are now looking at the ways we can support you, the users, with your repository programs and migration needs.

As such we are looking for interested institutions willing to participate in a one-time information gathering session, hosted by Fedora staff as well as a governance group liaison, aimed at understanding the needs of our community as a means of shaping our focus post 6.0 release. This session will be one hour long, guided by 3 questions provided in advance that will help us gauge the needs of the broader community. We are aiming to hold the first session in early September (exact date TBD).

At this time we are only collecting the names and institutions of those people interested in participating. Based on interest, we will be selecting our first round of participants, as we want to keep the sessions smaller initially. Those not selected will be identified for later rounds.

If you are interested in helping the Fedora community shape the future of our efforts, and are willing to participate in one of our sessions, please fill out the following form and we will be in touch in the coming weeks with session dates: https://forms.gle/DhKQPmcUGpqkiXmg6

Thank you in advance for your continued support of Fedora. We look forward to another successful year and celebrating all that Fedora 6.0 has to offer.

Cheers,

Arran
---
Arran Griffith
Fedora Program Coordinator
Fedora is an open-source, community-supported program funded entirely by membership contributions. Learn more and become a member today!