Fixity Service Design Meeting

Daniel Bernstein

Dec 13, 2021, 4:23:54 PM12/13/21
to fedor...@googlegroups.com, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello All:

We recently sent out a survey soliciting input on Fedora features and functionality that folks would be interested in developing together.  A configurable fixity service received by far the largest number of votes.   There are lots of ways we can approach it, from extending an existing project such as Riprap and/or Camel Toolbox,  to rolling our own from scratch.  Before we can decide how to move forward, however,  we need to come together on a target feature set.

I've started collecting ideas/user stories here: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/FF/Design+-+Fixity+Service.  Please add your suggestions or other feedback using a page comment.

It would be helpful to get together for a meeting early in the new year to discuss the following topics:

  1. Scope / target feature set
  2. Potential approaches for implementation
  3. Who would like to work on it
If you'd like to help with the design and planning of this project, please fill out the following doodle poll before the end of the year.

Best regards,

Danny Bernstein
Tech Lead
Lyrasis