Fedora Software Registry in Freebase is taking form

1 view

Matthew Zumwalt

Oct 23, 2009, 7:38:16 PM10/23/09
to fedora-com...@googlegroups.com
The freebase-driven Fedora Software Registry is starting to look nifty, and useful!

Rather than creating and constantly tweaking an acre app, I realized that we can use the built-in freebase Topic View feature.  From there, we can then grab the MQL or RDF export to incorporate into any other web pages....

Thanks to Chris for spending time on the phone with me this afternoon figuring out how to use Freebase "Types" (RDF Schemas) in a sane way and how to simplify the experience of listing your software.

Note: Due this afternon's changes, the instructions on the wiki about adding your software to the registry are out of date.  Email me or email the list if you want to post your software in Freebase and want hints.

Until then,  have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Matt Zumwalt
MediaShelf, LLC