Meet/greet

onelson

Apr 14, 2010, 2:51:48 PM4/14/10
to Fedora Commons Create, tphe...@gmail.com
Greetings!
Just wanted to introduce myself, since it would seem many of you know
each other from OR09.

Myself, I'm new to Fedora Commons and was recently asked to research
it's capabilities as part of an initiative to archive the visual works
of the students and faculty at Ringling College of Art+Design (http://
www.ringling.edu) - my employer.
At Ringling, I'm basically the resident python/django evangelist.
I've noticed that the group here is largely tuned to ruby/java, but
I'm hoping this is a general enough list that my python chatter
(should it come to that) will not be out of place. I'm aware of (and
excited the leverage) Peter Herndon's python/fedora projects, although
I was surprised to see he's not a member of this group (is that
right?)

At any rate, the pleasure is mine - nice to meet you all!

Matthew Zumwalt

Apr 16, 2010, 4:43:54 PM4/16/10
to fedora-com...@googlegroups.com, onelson
Hi onelson,

You've joined the right list, though it hasn't gotten much traffic yet.

I was certain that someone at code4lib presented about a django-based Fedora frontend this year, but I can't find it now.  I think Emory university was looking into it as well.  Possibly they were the ones who presented?

Matt Zumwalt
MediaShelf, LLC