Delivering multiple trials without the animal taking the pellet

Lex Kravitz

Jan 26, 2023, 2:49:51 PM1/26/23
to FEDforum
Arturo asked:
"Is it possible to disable the sensor in the food tray so that trials may continue even with pellets in the tray? I know it might lead to jams, but I would still like to try."

I don't think you should disable the food well sensor, as it will almost certainly lead to pellet jams very quickly.  That said, you can use the FED3 without the nose-piece, and then you will be able to deliver multiple trials regardless of whether the mouse picks up the pellets or not.  See video demonstration here.

Best,
-Lex

A R

Jan 30, 2023, 11:14:31 AM1/30/23