Keeping Nose Poke LEDs on

Alexandra Bova

Feb 24, 2023, 3:56:15 PM2/24/23
to FEDforum
Hello all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to leave the LEDs in the NosePokes on statically until the mouse makes a response in either.

I have fed3.leftPokePixel(0, 0, 0, 50); in my code to turn the lights on but they just flash briefly each iteration through my loop. Is there a way to keep them on sustained until the mouse makes a nose poke?

Thanks for the help.
Alex

Lex Kravitz

Feb 27, 2023, 11:48:53 AM2/27/23
to FEDforum
Hi Alex!  All of the LEDS will turn off when the FED3 goes to sleep (there's a few posts about sleep on this forum but FED3 actives a sleep mode whenever it can to prolong battery life).  So you need to disable sleep modes if you want to leave the pixels on for long durations.  To disable sleep, include fed3.disableSleep(); right after fed3.begin(); in the void setup() loop.  ie:

void setup() {
  fed3.begin();                                    //Setup the FED3 hardware
  fed3.disableSleep();                             //disable sleep
}

Can you try disabling sleep and see If that solves your problem?  If you want to post your FED3code (attach the .ino file here) I can advise better too.  Best, -Lex