Login for wiki [was Re: W3C has officially given access to resources to Federated Social Web [Fwd: Join the Federated Social Web Incubator Group (Call for Participation)]

Harry Halpin

Apr 26, 2011, 1:20:34 PM4/26/11
to Tantek Çelik, federated-...@googlegroups.com
To make a long story (inlie) short - just fill this out Tantek (I know
you've done it before, but you have to specify the Federated Social
Web):
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/ieapp/

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Tantek Çelik <tan...@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 17:50, Harry Halpin <hha...@ibiblio.org> wrote:
>> OK, so its on the road...
>>
>> So now we need to figure out when to figure out a number of things,
>> namely a game-plan for further test-cases and a monthly teleconference
>> time. Once the infrastructure is all up, I'll send another e-mail out
>> with details on how to use W3C teleconferencing systems.
>>
>> We also have the option of using w3c web-hosting and wiki, but we can
>> also keep using the current wiki set-up. Or migrate them..
>
> It appears at some point the FederatedSocialweb.net wiki was moved to w3.org:
>
> (did an announcement go out on this list?)

Yes, I believe so, we made the decision in this meeting [1] and
eventually Evan just handed over a SQL dump to W3C, and we just
relaunched it as decided earlier - but yes, apologies to anyone who
the migration confused, and for the return of yet another frustrating
username/login experience! We have yet to migrate the list-serv, but
we could at this point as well.

To get a wiki-login, here's instructions (also on
federatedsocialweb.net homepage):

If you have no W3C account, get one here:
http://www.w3.org/Help/Account/Request/Public

If you have an account, then sign this form to be an IE (i.e. Tantek):
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/ieapp/

I know its a hassle but its how we spam-proof the wiki, and also
maintain royalty-free IPR or any other patent commitment on the wiki
content.

BTW, am pushing to get W3C to OpenID-enable...we are doing a
full-scale infrastructure upgrade in June when we transition to
Community Groups, and from then on we won't have Invited Experts, it
should all be open and more suited for individual contributions with
an OWF-style license without all these forms.

And if you want any details of your W3C account changed Tantek, just
email me off list and I'll do it, and again, apologies for any
confusion.

cheers,
harry

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-federated-minutes.html#item03