W3C has officially given access to resources to Federated Social Web [Fwd: Join the Federated Social Web Incubator Group (Call for Participation)]

Harry Halpin

Dec 15, 2010, 12:50:46 PM12/15/10
to federated-...@googlegroups.com
OK, so its on the road...

So now we need to figure out when to figure out a number of things,
namely a game-plan for further test-cases and a monthly teleconference
time. Once the infrastructure is all up, I'll send another e-mail out
with details on how to use W3C teleconferencing systems.

We also have the option of using w3c web-hosting and wiki, but we can
also keep using the current wiki set-up. Or migrate them..

Subject: Join the Federated Social Web Incubator Group (Call for
Participation)
From:    "Coralie Mercier" <cor...@w3.org>
Date:    Wed, December 15, 2010 5:37 pm
To:      w3c-ac...@w3.org

This is a Call for Participation in the Federated Social Web Incubator
Group [1], part of the Incubator Activity [2].

The mission of the Federated Social Web Incubator Group is to provide a
set of community-driven specifications and a test-case suite for a
federated social web.

If your organization wishes to join this group, please first review the
charter:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/charter

Then use the following online form to join the group; the form will also
instruct you how to nominate participants:

    http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/45816/join

If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the
Incubator Group Chair, Evan Prodromou <ev...@controlyourself.ca>.

Thank you,

Coralie Mercier, Incubator Activity Lead, and
Ian Jacobs, Head of W3C Communications

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
     W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR

Evan Prodromou

Dec 15, 2010, 1:08:01 PM12/15/10
to federated-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 18:50 +0100, Harry Halpin wrote:
OK, so its on the road...
+1, awesome!
So now we need to figure out when to figure out a number of things,
namely a game-plan for further test-cases and a monthly teleconference
time. Once the infrastructure is all up, I'll send another e-mail out
with details on how to use W3C teleconferencing systems.
Great!
We also have the option of using w3c web-hosting and wiki, but we can
also keep using the current wiki set-up. Or migrate them..
What about the email list? Can we just move over the subscriber list?
-Evan
--
Evan Prodromou, CTO, StatusNet Inc.
1124 rue Marie-Anne Est #32, Montreal, QC, Canada H2J 2B7

Harry Halpin

Dec 15, 2010, 1:11:00 PM12/15/10
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Evan Prodromou <ev...@status.net> wrote:
On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 18:50 +0100, Harry Halpin wrote:
OK, so its on the road...
+1, awesome!
So now we need to figure out when to figure out a number of things,
namely a game-plan for further test-cases and a monthly teleconference
time. Once the infrastructure is all up, I'll send another e-mail out
with details on how to use W3C teleconferencing systems.
Great!

The real question is when we want to start doing teleconferences. How about after New Years?

 I imagine people are about to go onto holidays now...

We also have the option of using w3c web-hosting and wiki, but we can
also keep using the current wiki set-up. Or migrate them..
What about the email list? Can we just move over the subscriber list?

I don't think that should be a problem.

Tantek Çelik

Apr 25, 2011, 8:01:22 PM4/25/11
to federated-...@googlegroups.com, Harry Halpin
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 17:50, Harry Halpin <hha...@ibiblio.org> wrote:
> OK, so its on the road...
>
> So now we need to figure out when to figure out a number of things,
> namely a game-plan for further test-cases and a monthly teleconference
> time. Once the infrastructure is all up, I'll send another e-mail out
> with details on how to use W3C teleconferencing systems.
>
> We also have the option of using w3c web-hosting and wiki, but we can
> also keep using the current wiki set-up. Or migrate them..

It appears at some point the FederatedSocialweb.net wiki was moved to w3.org:

(did an announcement go out on this list?)

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/wiki/Main_Page

And previous usernames/logins were lost :( as implied on this page:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main_Page

"Use your W3C Account to login"

I'd prefer to keep / continue to use my previous user account:

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/wiki/User:Tantek

Thanks,

Tantek

P.S. Yes I tried my W3C account login on the wiki and it didn't work.
Also I'd prefer to avoid propagating the W3C's errant 7-bit filtrated
variant "Tantekelik" if at all possible. I'd be content to login with
OpenID as well. (note that [1] has an hCard which self-identifies with
the OpenID http://tantek.com/ )

--
http://tantek.com/ - I made an HTML5 tutorial! http://tantek.com/html5