jFed Feedback #2239: Unable to connect to nodes on Virtual Wall 2

jfedbug...@ilabt.imec.be

Apr 28, 2020, 11:21:02 AM4/28/20
to jfedbug...@ilabt.imec.be, fed4fire-ex...@googlegroups.com, jna...@wall2.ilabt.iminds.be
The jFed Experimenter GUI sent feedback for user jna...@wall2.ilabt.iminds.be

Feedback:
Type: Bug Report
About: Testbed(s)
Related testbeds: urn:publicid:IDN+wall2.ilabt.iminds.be+authority+cm

As of today, I cannot connect anymore to Virtual Wall 2. Me and several colleagues have tried to ping the specific nodes, however I only get the following error(s):

~$ ping n064-23.wall2.ilabt.iminds.be
PING n064-23.wall2.ilabt.iminds.be (10.2.32.208) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 193.191.148.193 (193.191.148.193) icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

Since multiple people have tried the same command, and some others that also experience issues with connecting to their nodes, I think it might have to be something on the server end?
I am connected to the IDlab-iGent VPN, however previously (last week) I did not need any VPN to establish a connection with the nodes.

Please let me know if I can be of further help, and thanks for any help you can offer.

Brecht Vermeulen

Apr 28, 2020, 11:28:53 AM4/28/20
to jfedbug...@ilabt.imec.be, jfed-bu...@intec.ugent.be, jna...@wall2.ilabt.iminds.be, fed4fire-ex...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there was a campus wide power failure this morning, so all nodes were rebooted.
I looked at your experiment informed and indeed those nodes are down, I'm trying to fix them.

But n064-23 is not a part of that experiment I think ?

best regards,
Brecht

Brecht Vermeulen

Apr 28, 2020, 11:32:37 AM4/28/20
to jfedbug...@ilabt.imec.be, jfed-bu...@intec.ugent.be, jna...@wall2.ilabt.iminds.be, fed4fire-ex...@googlegroups.com
the 5 nodes in informed are up and running
Brecht