Smokeview Crashing Issue

Danish

Aug 8, 2021, 10:49:36 AM8/8/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Dear all,

I am facing the smoke view crash issue for the job whenever I used to consider sprinklers within the model and start loading particles. While within the same model, the rest of the analysis means loading slice files/ smoke propagation works fine. Can you please guide how to solve this?
The following are the details about the job
a) Number of slices = 37 total
b) Number of sprinklers within the model = 6
c) Mesh count = 2.5 million (cells in the range of 0.25 m and 0.5 m)
d) Simulation  time =  1200 seconds
e) FDS Version = 6.7.5
f) Smokeview version = 6.7.15 release date 21 August 2020

Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance

Regards
Wali
smokeview_crash.PNG

Gregor

Aug 9, 2021, 2:05:18 AM8/9/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Please use the latest version of smokeview (Version 6.7.17 release Date 3 June 2021, FDS-SMV Downloads (nist.gov))

If your problems still persist, please describe them here or directly in the issue tracker.

Danish

Aug 10, 2021, 6:21:57 AM8/10/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Dear Gregor,

Thanks, I installed the latest version, and now it's working.

Regards