Temperature in a pool of heptane

Matteo Perelli

Nov 16, 2021, 9:28:23 AM11/16/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
I tried to use the file comprised in the fire examples for FDS6 named "fire_whirl_pool".
I alligned the mesh with the obstructions, then I added thermocouples inside the liquid pool but, for me, the measurements that I obtain are wrong. I attached the file here, therefore you can see what I did.
There's someone that can say to me why?

Thank you in advance for the answers.
temp_example1.fds

Kevin

Nov 16, 2021, 10:53:40 AM11/16/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
This case was added to the Example cases 9 years ago, but nothing was ever done with it. I'm going to remove it.

As for your liquid temperature predictions -- FDS does not compute the convection of the hot liquid, so I doubt that you will get good agreement for in-depth temperatures. There are some examples of liquid pool fires in the FDS Validation Guide. I would start there.