.OUT File not Generated Properly

Babak Bahrani

Jan 26, 2023, 3:04:07 PM1/26/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Hi all,

One of my students brought up an issue the other day regarding the generation of .OUT file while using FDS.

Version: FDS6.7.9-0-gec52dee42-release

When they run an example file (Couch Fire in this case), a file with a different format is generated: MOLDDesignFiileHandler.Document

unnamed.png

We tried reinstalling FDS, installing an earlier version (6.7.4), and renaming the file putting.OUT in the end to change the file type, but neither has worked so far. Note, if opening the file with a text editor, it is the Out file, but the generated format is not correct.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
babak

Message has been deleted

dr_jfloyd

Jan 26, 2023, 3:32:48 PM1/26/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
If you read my deleted post ignore that one.

Windows associates extensions with applications. MoldDesignFileHandler seems to be indicating that some Autodesk application on your computer has told Windows to associate the extension .out with that application. You should still be able to open the file with notepad or other text editor by right clicking on the file and selecting open with.  In that dialog box you should see a checkbox where you can reassociate the extension with your text editor.

Babak Bahrani

Jan 26, 2023, 3:39:52 PM1/26/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Thank you very much, Jason!

The problem was only with the format itself, and they were able to open the Out file using a text editor.

Babak