How to get slice data?

Steven Frank

May 25, 2022, 9:14:08 AM5/25/22
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Hello everyone!
After simulation, much detailed data is stored in a slice file and cannot get easily. I have read about  fds/Utilities/Python/scripts/ get_vary_slice.py. However, I do not know how to use it without a guide or manual. Just copy it to result folder and then run it?  And how can I get specified QUANTITY in multiple meshes like Velocity?

Best regards
Frank

Randy McDermott

May 25, 2022, 9:17:04 AM5/25/22
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
If you are not Python or Matlab savvy, then I recommend using fds2ascii.  See the FDS User Guide.