Burning away the obstruction

Viktor Anderson

Oct 28, 2021, 12:47:14 PM10/28/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
May I know how to let obstruction burn away?

Kevin McGrattan

Oct 28, 2021, 12:52:25 PM10/28/21
to fds...@googlegroups.com
If there is something that is not clear in the User's Guide, let us know.

Viktor Anderson

Oct 28, 2021, 9:52:35 PM10/28/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Is a hot surface compulsory to set to let the obstruction burn away?

Viktor Anderson

Oct 28, 2021, 10:01:51 PM10/28/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Also, are REFERENCE_TEMPERATURE, HEAT_OF_REACTION, and HEAT_OF_COMBUSTION compulsory to set to let obstruction burn away?

Kevin McGrattan

Oct 29, 2021, 8:54:47 AM10/29/21
to fds...@googlegroups.com
No, BULK_DENSITY on the OBST line and BURNAWAY=T and HRRPUA=... on the SURF line should do it. Try it with a simple example, or look at the example cases called box_burnaway in Fires.

Viktor Anderson

Oct 29, 2021, 9:31:12 AM10/29/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
I have added BULK_DENSITY on the OBST line and BURNAWAY=T and HRRPUA=... on the SURF line. The error showed that "SURF has a specified HRRPUA or MLRPUA plus another pyrolysis model." I have a methane fire source in my simulation, and the HRRPUA value is applied to the fire source.

Kevin McGrattan

Oct 29, 2021, 9:35:46 AM10/29/21
to fds...@googlegroups.com
Did you look at the box_burnaway examples?

Viktor Anderson

Oct 29, 2021, 10:29:55 AM10/29/21
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
I just found the examples. Thanks Kevin!