Re: [fds-smv] No simulation

Message has been deleted

Kevin McGrattan

May 17, 2023, 6:50:26 AM5/17/23
to fds...@googlegroups.com
&MESH IJK=76.75,241,59.1, XB=0.0, 7.675, 0.0, 24.1, 0.0, 5.91/
&MESH IJK=76.75,241,59.1, XB=7.675, 15.35, 0.0, 24.1, 0.0, 5.91/
&MESH IJK=76.75,241,59.1, XB=15.35, 23.025, 0.0, 24.1, 0.0, 5.91/
&MESH IJK=76.75,241,59.1, XB=23.025, 30.7, 0.0, 24.1, 0.0, 5.91/

IJK should be integers. Also, these meshes are large. Maybe your computer does not have enough memory (RAM).

michele caserta

May 17, 2023, 7:43:17 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
There are errors in the boundary conditions

the mesh overlaps the side walls

Fabia Schirinzi

May 17, 2023, 8:19:02 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Ok, problem solved, thank you.
But, now it signals me an ERROR : Cannot find VENT_ID: INLET1 for Ductnode: node-in 1, but I inserted it in the input file, I don't understand the error.

dr_jfloyd

May 17, 2023, 8:26:59 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
That error message means that FDS doesn't see the VENT in the domain. Suggest you comment out the HVAC inputs, change T_END to 0, and assign a unique and distinct color to that VENT.  Then run FDS and open the smv file. Make sure you see the VENT. If you don't then you may have a bad XB for the VENT or you may need to give an IOR.

Fabia Schirinzi

May 17, 2023, 8:37:26 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
It continues to give me this error, but there are no differences with other VENTS. It is inserted in the domain and, giving an IOR, FDS signals me "PROBLEM" with its line.

Fabia Schirinzi

May 17, 2023, 8:44:34 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Looking at the smv file I can see it

dr_jfloyd

May 17, 2023, 9:40:23 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Open an issue with the current file you are trying to run.

Fabia Schirinzi

May 17, 2023, 9:49:15 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't understan. Have I to write on this forum another question with this file?

dr_jfloyd

May 17, 2023, 11:01:43 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Yes please submit the file here, you will need to change the extention to .txt to attach the file:

Fabia Schirinzi

May 17, 2023, 11:31:10 AM5/17/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
I just did it. My username in github is FabiaSchirinzi. Thank you
Message has been deleted

dr_jfloyd

May 22, 2023, 7:05:43 AM5/22/23
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Let's keep the discussion to the open isuse for this. Thanks.

On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 5:00:55 AM UTC-4 fabi.sc...@gmail.com wrote:
Thank you for your help. I applied almost everything (I would like to fill the holes with a different material that I have to decide), but, when I start the simulation, the programme gives me "ERROR: numerical instability", without even starting the time steps. How is it possible that, unlike you, it doesn't work with me?