Simulate a flame behavior after the sprinkler system has been activated

shiyi....@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2024, 7:16:29 AMMar 8
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Dear all,

Do you have any experience with simulate a flame decay after the sprinkler system has been activated? I have set the heat release rate to 270kw/m^2 and am using a t^2 ramp-up model. Instead of the heat release rate decreasing after the sprinkler system was activated, the heat release rate continues to increase and reaches the peak value. This does not correspond to the behavior of a fire in a real situation when the sprinkler is activated. How can I change the settings so that the model behaves closer to the behavior of a real combustion? I'd appreciate if any guidance you can give me! Thank you!

Sincerely,
Shiyi

fde

Mar 8, 2024, 7:37:10 AMMar 8
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Fire suppression in FDS is not intended to predict the real combustion decay behaviour since it consists of many uncertainties including the fuel geometry. However you can fit the HRR decay to your experimental data by using this feature (e.g. E_COEFFICIENT) See Userguide  15.7 Suppression by water and example fds file of e_coefficient.fds

Shiyi

Mar 8, 2024, 7:47:09 PMMar 8
to fds...@googlegroups.com
Thank you sir. I really appreciate your advice!

fde <yilmaz....@gmail.com> 于2024年3月8日周五 20:37写道: