Minimum density error

AMAN YADAV

Mar 13, 2024, 2:41:47 PMMar 13
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Dear Sir,
I am modeling a fire in circular section tunnel (geometry is made by pyrosim). Earlier when there was only 1 MPI then it was running smoothly but it was taking too much time, Now I have put the 5 MPI process, now speed increases slightly but minimum density error is coming frequently. I have attached the file. Kindly provide me the needs.

Error:          Minimum density,    0.120 kg/m3, clipped in Mesh 3
20MWcircular.fds

Kevin McGrattan

Mar 13, 2024, 2:44:53 PMMar 13
to fds...@googlegroups.com
Read about TUNNEL_PRECONDITIONER in the User's Guide.

AMAN YADAV

Mar 14, 2024, 2:28:52 AMMar 14
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Dear Sir,
Thankyou for your support, I have corrected the above error.

I am running my simulation on hpc , but there is a problem that when I am opening the .smv file  , the file is showing the whole geometry but temperature and soot loading option is not coming till after the completion the job.

Kevin McGrattan

Mar 14, 2024, 9:16:35 AMMar 14
to fds...@googlegroups.com
This might have to do with your specific operating system. FDS outputs computed information into a buffer, which is flushed periodically when full. How often that buffer gets flushed is somewhat OS dependent.