fats vaporization

szilagyics

Dec 14, 2007, 3:24:55 AM12/14/07
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Hello Everybody,

Could you help me somebody?

I need the heat of vaporization of fats (the best is the animal fat).
Has somebody this value?

Many thanks,

Csaba

Kevin

Dec 14, 2007, 8:32:31 AM12/14/07
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Have you not been reading the other thread about material properties?
Maybe you can click on the "Sponsored Links" on the right of the
browser. Maybe the person who lost 42 pounds in 3 months
(MicroNutra.com) knows how to vaporize fat.

Seriously, at best you might find some paper about the burning rate of
cooking oil, and you might be able to infer somehow the amount of
energy to "gasify" the oil, but you are not going to find "fat" and
"heat of vaporization" anywhere together. "Heat of Vaporization" is a
term that we use in FDS as a way of inputing the energy required to
turn a solid into a gas, but it is not a widely recognized or well-
defined term. Chemists would have a fit if you asked this question.

szilagyics

Dec 16, 2007, 4:35:17 AM12/16/07
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Thank you Kevin!

It was good a idea. And I find another article about fats and their
components. This is not enough scienst, but interesting.

This site: http://www.rousemktg.com/pdf_files/MultiStatePoultryMeeting.PDF

The one thing is true. This team is great.

Thank you,

Csaba
> > Csaba- Idézett szöveg elrejtése -
>
> - Idézett szöveg megjelenítése -

Chris

Dec 17, 2007, 3:31:22 PM12/17/07
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
You are trying to simulate a Fat-Fire? Very interesting case! How are
you doing this? It is a liquid fire but quite different than Ethanol.
I was looking for some values for you, maybe it helps you.

&REAC ID='COOKING OIL'
FYI='Cooking Oil, C_18 H_32 O_2'
HEAT_OF_COMBUSTION = 37300.
O=2.
C=18.
H=32.
SOOT_YIELD=0.01 / (?)

&MATL ID = 'COOKING OIL'
EMISSIVITY = 1.0 /(?)
NU_FUEL =0.97 / (?)
HEAT_OF_REACTION=880./(??)
CONDUCTIVITY=0.17 / It is between 0.145 - 0.17
SPECIFIC_HEAT= 1903+1.387*T-0.875*T^2 (ramps up. from Literatur
side down)
DENSITY= 920.
ABSORPTION_COEFFICIENT = 40.(?)
BOILING_TEMPERATURE=200. /

http://books.google.com/books?id=F6uzo9bH68kC&pg=PA487&lpg=PA487&dq=fetts%C3%A4uren+w%C3%A4rmeleitf%C3%A4higkeit&source=web&ots=FnVS0MgNdK&sig=-1B-6xLRfaaAd7xtJ8GykEgEinE#PPA493,M1
> > - Idézett szöveg megjelenítése -- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

szilagyi csaba

Dec 20, 2007, 5:55:30 AM12/20/07
to fds...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

I'm making air-duct fire in 5 stories building. The air-duct hasn't
been clean for many years, and there are fats dross on the wall of
air-duct.
I think properties of fats is very closely this material. I know this
is not same material, but I can't determine properties of fats dross.
I know is not a real modell, but show me what behavior of fire is
like in air-duct.

Csaba