My enhanced FDLog with "Who's on the band" and a "Pretty GUI"

Scott Hibbs

Jun 26, 2015, 5:14:11 PM6/26/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I know it is to late for field day 2015, but I've been meaning on sending my updates to the program that we used last year 2014. If I don't send it while I'm thinking of it then I just won't. I didn't get a chance to make any changes for 2015, because I was eagerly awaiting the beta with sql.

Here are my changes so far:
  • Cleaned the code so that the comments are inside the indexing. (I'm learning python - this helped)
  • Removed lots of the documentation to outside the code.
  • Added a "Who's on the band" functionality when you mouse over a taken band.
  • Fixed VHF to reflect a free transmitter and warn if two vhf rigs are used.
  • .testq command now only works when using tst as authentication. (protect the real log)
  • Now requires 7 characters for a name. It adds a random 8th character for uniqueness (this was to keep the log looking pretty when printed.)
  • Reworked the menus and added a resources menu item.
  • PRETTY GUI - Changed the colors of the buttons to red until they are assigned. Colors are pretty if assigned.
  • Added a network label to the gui
  • Added a node label to the gui
  • Added database protection against no band, no power, no op, or no logger
  • Added a warning against 1D to 1D contacts being logged but not making points. (In fact I don't think 1D worked before- not sure)
My to do list:
  • No Windows 8 yet. (I don't use it)
  • bug?: In the keyboard event handler - Sometimes people can't type. Think people type a key not recognized. There is a hard break in that subroutine.
  • I was working on a time master function but Alan solved this in his beta with sql - my coding needs removed.
  • Working on adding phonetics of the station call at bottom of the gui (nice for gota) - a work in progress
  • Would really like to see this program integrate with a digital program.
  • A band timeout for abandoned stations without input - count down timer and then release the band for others?
  • A display node for the information table. Shows statistics like who's got the most points. most calls. etc.

Hope you like my changes. I have had to start my own version. Maybe Alan can implement my changes in the new beta. I'm gonna give it a shot.

73

Scott

KD4SIR

Field Day 2015 MasterFile.zip

Scott Hibbs

Jun 26, 2015, 5:28:14 PM6/26/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com
OOOHHH

I forgot that I added the GUI keeps track of how many contacts you have made and displays it for you. If you don't enter a license then your contacts as a non ham are shown as the number of log entries entered as logger.

Scott
KD4SIR

Scott Hibbs

Jun 27, 2015, 12:05:03 AM6/27/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com
I just had a friend test it on windows 8. He says it works just fine.

Scott
KD4SIR

Alan Biocca

Jun 27, 2015, 8:05:19 AM6/27/15