Raspberry Pi

Dave

Apr 3, 2019, 1:24:26 PM4/3/19
to HS-FDLog
Has anyone run FDLog on a Raspberry Pi? I'm thinking about using a few Pi's for logging this year and wondering if anyone else has tried and what their experience was.

Thanks,

Dave
N2OA

bill...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2019, 8:43:43 PM4/14/19
to HS-FDLog
Yes, I have just loaded pi and downloaded FDLog enhanced. I am working now to get it to load automatically when pi boots. Trying to have it done with crontab, must be doing something wrong. I can run in terminal manually ok.

We also are looking to stop lugging windows pcs to field day & just have pi's an mon, keyboard, mouse.
FDLog seems to run fast enough on pi to handle task, next test is to have 4 running at a time.

bill

Alan Biocca

Apr 14, 2019, 10:50:58 PM4/14/19
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear, I haven't tried it but it should work. It would be especially nice to have the time server on a Pi.

-- Alan, w6akb

Dave .

Apr 15, 2019, 11:26:39 AM4/15/19
to fd...@googlegroups.com
I'm still undecided since I haven't received much feedback but I may give it a try and just bring a few laptops for backup. My biggest problem now is I keep running out of Pi's. I'm going to have to start ordering them by the case. :-)

Dave
N2OA

Alan Biocca

Apr 15, 2019, 11:41:18 AM4/15/19
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Laptops are pretty good for lots of reasons. What's the attraction of Pi's for this?

Dave .

Apr 15, 2019, 12:17:02 PM4/15/19
to fd...@googlegroups.com
I have some DRAWS Pi hats from NWDigital that I would like to use for digital modes and log from at the same time, an in the field test to see how they work and what issues we might run into. That and I guess like everything else we do, let's see if this will work and is practical. lol

Dave
N2OA