google code shutting down

John Hogenmiller

Mar 12, 2015, 10:16:29 PM3/12/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com
This is just a heads up.

As some of you may have heard, Google Code will be shutting down services over the year. While there is still plenty of time to migrate to a new site, I would recommend users download a copy of HS-FDLog and store it somewhere safe as a precaution.

Beginning today, we have disabled new project creation on Google Code. We will be shutting down the service about 10 months from now on January 25th, 2016. Below, we provide links to migration tools designed to help you move your projects off of Google Code. We will also make ourselves available over the next three months to those projects that need help migrating from Google Code to other hosts.

  • March 12, 2015 - New project creation disabled.
  • August 24, 2015 - The site goes read-only. You can still checkout/view project source, issues, and wikis.
  • January 25, 2016 - The project hosting service is closed. You will be able to download a tarball of project source, issues, and wikis. These tarballs will be available throughout the rest of 2016.

Alan Biocca

Mar 12, 2015, 10:59:17 PM3/12/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the note John, I just received an email from Google about this earlier today.

I still have FDLog supplied from the Google Site, which is not going away, and I will probably select another code hosting site for FDLog.

Thanks for all your support!

-- Alan