Getting an odd error tonight

Corey Koval

Jun 28, 2015, 1:39:19 AM6/28/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Last year I used the software pretty flawlessly. This year my club is using the same version as last year (since there is not newer official release). It started off petty well, however I stopped receiving updates  from other machines and my terminal outputs the same error over and over endlessly.

error, send_udp failed 150628.053209 (22, 'Invalid argument') [172.16.0.207]
req fill ('172.16.0.207', 'kb3zvn', 39)

Any idea why this is happening? What can I do to resolve it?

73,
Corey, K3CPK

Alan Biocca

Jun 28, 2015, 10:41:10 AM6/28/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com

Restart fdlog, it is having a network problem

Corey Koval

Jun 28, 2015, 10:50:19 AM6/28/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately restarting on all machines did not solve this problem. I may just have to sync them up on a different network later on this evening.

I did notice the two windows machines are happy talking to each other. I am running linux. Earlier in the event all the machines were talking to mine just fine, but mine would not talk to them. Now I am just seeing that error, and I can see what bands people are on, however the logs are not propagating across to my box.

Alan Biocca

Jun 28, 2015, 11:25:09 AM6/28/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com

Ok. Fdlog is not being allowed to send to the network on your box for some reason. It is receiving however. Os reboot, reconnect to net, etc may be needed

Alan Biocca

Jun 28, 2015, 11:25:10 AM6/28/15
to fd...@googlegroups.com

Probably is a network security setting, python needs sending privelige.

Scott Hibbs

Apr 9, 2017, 4:06:30 AM4/9/17
to HS-FDLog
I got a similar error today '22, invalid argument'... Mine was because Linux Mint was assigning a loopback. Your's is assigning a Class B private address (172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255).

I think I got a fix. It could be the netmask. The program automatically assigns the netmask as 255.255.255.0 (which is for class c 192.168) then looks to see if your on a Class A private address (10.x.x.x) and if so it assigns the standard netmask for class A which is 255.0.0.0. The standard netmask for Class B (172.16-31.x.x) is 255.255.0.0, but the program uses 255.255.255.0. This would explain why you could see some of your network traffic and not all.

I'll make this change in FDLog_Enhanced but I have no way of testing it.

Scott

Alan Biocca

Apr 9, 2017, 8:59:33 PM4/9/17
to fd...@googlegroups.com
We always ran FDLOG in the field on a local wifi net, so no problems with an 8 bit netmask.

Scott Hibbs

Jun 29, 2018, 10:13:31 PM6/29/18
to HS-FDLog
The correct netmask for 172 private networks is 255.240.0.0. I have made the correction in a beta copy of the Enhanced_FDLog project. It will be in it's next release before FD 2019.

Alan Biocca

Jun 29, 2018, 11:22:47 PM6/29/18
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Good work.