FDLOG and Linux Mint

Shaun Neidlinger

Jun 25, 2016, 11:14:01 AM6/25/16
to HS-FDLog
Good morning,

I am having a difficult time trying to get two laptops connected with Linux Mint.  I have the program working on both laptops but I cannot seem to network them together in order to dupe check.

What do I need to set?  I am currently running an access point with DHCP enabled.  I am not seeing an option within the FDLOG program for networking and I have read some of the other posts related to setting the hosts file but I am unsure what to set it to.

Any help please?

Thanks in advance,
Shaun - KB3CXQ

Shaun Neidlinger

Jun 25, 2016, 11:23:30 AM6/25/16
to HS-FDLog
  I got it all.  Changing the hosts file to remove 127.0.0.1   <ComputerName>

to IP address of machine    <Computer Name> corrected the issue

Shaun

Alan Biocca

Jun 28, 2016, 8:11:04 PM6/28/16
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Glad you were able to sort that out.

-- Alan, w6akb

Scott Hibbs

Apr 9, 2017, 3:27:27 AM4/9/17
to HS-FDLog
It was noted on the stackoverflow website that removing this line can have adverse affects for other programs. Besides, modifying our operating systems to make a program run isn't ideal. I have included the fix in my FDLog_Enhanced and just posted that Alan should use the fix as well. If not you can modify it yourself by inserting it into your copy. It's In Class netsync.
Scott

Alan Biocca

Apr 9, 2017, 8:57:56 PM4/9/17
to fd...@googlegroups.com
IIRC just changing the order makes it work, not necessary to remove it.