New FDLog Code Repository

Alan, WB6ZQZ

Jun 29, 2011, 10:16:40 PM6/29/11
to HS-FDLog
I am working on setting up a Google Code repository for FDLog. I plan
to use Mercurial to manage the configuration. This is my first use of
Google Code, any comments would be welcome. I've used a number of code
management systems and have used Mercurial for awhile. It is very
nice, I don't regret leaving CVS and SVN to go to Mercurial. Hopefully
others will find Mercurial a good tool as well.

I had to adjust the project name slightly as there was a name conflict
with an old dead project. I did that only partially to minimize
confusion, which will in turn cause a little of its own. Some years
ago I needed a better name than the "WB6ZQZ Field Day Group" and I
chose the "High Sierra Field Day Group" since we conduct our Field Day
operations at fairly high elevations in the Sierras. So the FDLog
project becomes the HS-FDLog project. We can keep the name of the zip
package and executable file as it was, so no great confusion there.

Hope everyone had a great Field Day. We did. FDLog worked well for us
with a half dozen nodes or so on the wireless network in the National
Forest (using our own WiFi router).

-- Alan, wb6zqz