Using this program for field day loggers

AE5CP

Jun 8, 2012, 10:47:23 PM6/8/12
to HS-FDLog
I finally got the newest version installed from mecurial and found the
patch file I needed to fix the network issue. Patched, installed the
right libs, and BADABAM it fired up.

I have been playing with it for a couple of hours with 2 laptops
running on it. It seems to operate well.

Is there a quick-and-dirty howto on setup for this thing so I can get
the field day festivities up and running in a couple of weeks.

AE5CP

Jun 8, 2012, 11:22:51 PM6/8/12
to HS-FDLog
And by quick and dirty, I mean is there a step-by-step on getting all
the parameters set that are required to websubmit the packet to the
ARRL?

Alan Biocca

Jun 9, 2012, 2:18:39 AM6/9/12
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

FDLog was designed before the websubmit, so it doesn't do that directly. It prepares the file that could be uploaded, if the fields are set, but since there is a bonus for inputting with the web there is less motivation for using the program in this mode.

The best way to set things up is to look at the "set" menu and set everything that applies.

In terms of documentation, start with the readme, and then move on to the manual.

73

-- Alan