ARRL Sections

Robert Sisco K5LYT

Jun 10, 2014, 1:47:30 AM6/10/14
to fd...@googlegroups.com
The instruction .set sect stx          // South Texas, is not working.
I think, I have a missing file. arrl sect.txt (Text). It is not present in the FDLog folder.
However, the file arrl sect.dat (Data) is present in the FDLog folder, with all the ARRL sections listed.
ARRL Sections under Help produces an error.
I am a beginner. Maybe, I made a mistake in the installation.
I did my download on 6/8/2014, Sunday.
73s Robert Sisco K5LYT rsi...@stx.rr.com Tuesday 6/10/2014

Alan Biocca

Jun 10, 2014, 8:27:54 AM6/10/14
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert

Try .set sect STX-South Texas

File arrl_sect.txt file comes from ARRL, is just a visual aid for the help.

Here:  http://k8bxq.org/tmp/arrl_sect.txt

Since they copyrighted it I don't feel comfortable including it in the distribution.

-- Alan

Robert Sisco K5LYT

Jun 10, 2014, 11:41:45 PM6/10/14
to fd...@googlegroups.com
ARRL Sections under Help now displays the file downloaded from http://k8bxq.org/mp/arrl_sect.txt  .
The .set command now works. On my first try I entered STX. That didn't work, but when I
typed in everything after Try, it did.

I went to the ARRL site. It became lost, when trying to find this information.
I could edit this file, and leave just the abbreviations. It might fit on the screen, then.

The N3FJP software has a neat way of dealing with sections, however it uses CAT-5 cable to network.

I plan to make a donation. Regards, Robert

Alan Biocca

Jun 10, 2014, 11:51:59 PM6/10/14
to fd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert.

It is just a text file to help the operator, so you can edit it any way you wish. We used to have more automated section code, but there were problems with changes and foreign stations so I took that out.

-- Alan