Centre for Food Policy seeking applicants for ESRC Policy Fellowships

christianjreynolds

Jul 26, 2021, 1:34:28 PM7/26/21
to Table/FCRN-Listserv
Hello FCRN/Table mailing list (sorry for the cross promoting)

Please can you promote the below opportunity through your networks, and also retweet the following tweet? https://twitter.com/FoodPolicyCity/status/1419651179559141376

Centre for Food Policy seeking applicants for ESRC Policy Fellowships

The ESRC Policy Fellowships is now live on the UKRI Funding Finder. These Fellowships allow early to mid-career researchers to spend up to 18 months collaborating with a UK or devolved government host organisation, co-designing research to inform policy on a priority policy area, and providing knowledge exchange support.

We particularly want to highlight that Defra is advertising for two behaviours-focused Fellowships, one on Behavioural Science and Net Zero (including 25 year environment plan) and the other on Behavioural Science and Product Consumption.

The Centre for Food Policy, at City, University of London has been approved to act as a host organisation for applications to this fellowship programme. We are now inviting people to apply for this exciting opportunity.

If interested, please contact Dr Christian Reynolds (christian...@city.ac.uk) with a copy of your CV and ESRC Policy Fellowship idea to discuss this competitive opportunity by August 16th 2021.

Please note that applicants must be a researcher in the economic and social sciences or in the arts and humanities, and have a PhD or equivalent experience. The full ESRC Policy Fellowship application process close on the 14 September 2021 16:00 UK time.

Best
Christian

--

Christian Reynolds
Senior Lecturer

I am on leave on July 21st 23rd, 29th, 30th, and August 2nd to 16th, 18th, 20th, 23rd 25th

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Christian_Reynolds2

Call for Special Issue papers
I am co-editing a Special Issue of the journal Foods "Toward Sustainable Food Systems: Approaches and Strategies to Prevent and Reduce Food Loss and Waste"
Deadline for submission: 20 August 2021.
For more details follow the link or contact me directly

New publications

Using Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence to Explore the Nutrition and Sustainability of Recipes and Food, 2021, Front. Artif. Intell  https://doi.org/10.3389/frai.2020.621577
Lead author, FSA, 2021. Citizen Science and Food report. https://www.food.gov.uk/research/research-projects/citizen-science-and-food
How home cooking methods and appliances affect the GHG emissions of food. 2020. Nature Food. https://doi.org/10.1038/s43016-020-00200-w