New TEDx Talk: Moving Beyond a Hamburger Default World

Laura Cascada

Nov 18, 2020, 2:13:31 PM11/18/20
to FCR...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Last month, one of my colleagues had the opportunity to give a TEDx talk on the power of defaulting to plant-based meals. You can watch the video here

Even though we aren’t gathering in large groups these days, it's still a smart time to encourage our communities to implement DefaultVeg–committing to serving plant-based meals by default to reduce our environmental footprint–for when we do go back to eating together. The pause in service creates an opportunity for change, and it’s a great time for advocates to engage with their schools, workplaces, religious communities and more to share this powerful driver for a more sustainable food system.

If you’re interested in bringing a DefaultVeg strategy to your community, please feel free to reach out to me! And if you’re able to share the video or help amplify our posts on Facebook and Twitter, we would greatly appreciate it.

All the best,

Laura

--
Laura Lee Cascada
Campaigns Director

Ray Kowalchuk

Nov 20, 2020, 1:28:39 PM11/20/20
to FCR...@googlegroups.com
Laura Lee Cascada,

Pass on kudos to your colleague, Ilana Braverman, for her excellent TEDx, "Moving Beyond a Hamburger Default World."  The evidence is very powerful that much of the cultural shift we need can be accomplished by recognizing when we're not really facing resistance, but momentum.  The mention of institutional settings makes me eager to introduce you and her to a project that seeks influence in universities and airlines -- I will certainly share the video with them immediately!

Ray Kowalchuk

--
For more information about Table (formerly the Food Climate Research Network), please visit www.tabledebates.org.

To receive a weekly round-up of the latest news and research in food sustainability, sign up for the FCRN's email newsletter, Fodder, here: bit.do/Fodder.
---