WEBINAR: Food systems of the poor: shaping the agenda for the Food Systems Summit

Anne Schulthess

Nov 11, 2020, 9:42:17 AM11/11/20
to Nu...@connect.unscn.org, agtsd-tr...@googlegroups.com, FCR...@googlegroups.com

**Apologies for cross-posting**

Dear Colleagues,

Join IIED on 25 November for an online event: Food systems of the poor: shaping the agenda for the Food Systems Summit.

The world is producing more food than ever, but hunger and malnutrition persist, and production methods are harming our natural environment. A better food system is needed, but we need to ensure that it works for consumers in low-income countries.

In the lead up to the UN Food Systems Summit in 2021, this IIED event will discuss how food systems transformation can be relevant for people living in poverty.

With speakers:

Andrew Norton (moderator), director, IIED

Jessica Fanzo, Bloomberg distinguished professor of global food policy and ethics at the Berman Institute of Bioethics, the Bloomberg School of Public Health, and the Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) at the Johns Hopkins University

Jane Battersby, associate professor at the African Centre for Cities at the University of Cape Town, where she leads the food security and food systems cluster

Immaculate Yossa Daisy, regional advocacy manager for Uganda-East Africa, Hivos

Find out more and register now.

Best wishes,

Anne

Anne Schulthess

Marketing Manager

International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)

80-86 Gray's Inn Road, London, WC1X 8NH | T: +44 (0) 20 3463 7399

www.iied.org | twitter: @iied | IIED newsletters: www.iied.org/sign-up

For forward-looking responses to the coronavirus pandemic, drawing on our partners’ insights and providing a platform for voices from the global South, check out Beyond COVID-19: grassroots visions of change

IIED is a company limited by a guarantee and incorporated in England. Reg. No 2188452. Registered office: 80-86 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8NH, UK. VAT Reg. No. GB 440 4948 50. Charity No. 800066. OSCR No 039864. IIED is recognised as an international organisation by the OECD Development Assistance Committee.