Church News.

FCP...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2013, 12:55:28 AM11/2/13
to fcp...@googlegroups.com

'LIKE' FCPC ON FACEBOOK! FOLLOW FCPC ON TWITTER! Visit our website!

ANNOUNCEMENTS / EVENTS

**Service at Service! Our pastor is working on the English Worship Service volunteer list for the upcoming quarter, if you would like to serve as a worship leader, usher, or help in any other capacity, please see Reverend Nathan Lim or email him at nl...@alaska.edu.  He would like to encourage more members to serve and reach out to more people.

1- English Worship Service – Sunday, 11/3

2- Sunday Funday – 1st Sunday of the Month

3- CEM Nominations and Elections – Sunday, 11/10

4- Combined Thanksgiving Worship Service – Sunday, 11/17

5- FCPC Christmas Cards – Deadline: Sunday 11/17

6- Children’s Activity Bags for 1pm Worship Service

7- Sunday School Volunteering

1- Join us for English Worship Service on Holy Communion Sunday, 11/3 @ 1pm in the church sanctuary. This week’s speaker will be Rev. Takako Suzuki Terino and the sermon is titled “Lost, Found and Saved.”

2- Every 1st Sunday of the month for the rest of year, CEM will have a different event planned @2:15pm after English worship service. This Sunday, 11/3, CEM will treat us to an afternoon movie with a showing of “Monsters University.” Please feel free to join us and relax following English Worship Service.

3- CEM nominations and elections will be held next week on Sunday, 11/10 immediately following the English Service. 2 At-Large representatives are needed to fill the open positions.

Please take this time to pray about being on this “Committee” and how your serving can make a big difference to our English speaking members.

4- Our combined bi-lingual Thanksgiving Worship Service will be held on Sunday, 11/17 at 11am and will be followed by our traditional congregational turkey day lunch.

Donations or support towards the cost of the turkeys is welcome, please see a Deacon member (Donald Lee, Susan Quan, Sau Wah Chan, Ada Chan) or Sam Yu if you would like to help out and contribute.

5- The annual church Christmas card will be selected and printed out soon.  If you would like to have your name included in the mailings, please see Sam Yu in the church office by Sunday, 11/17. The cost to participate is $5.00.

6- Activity bags consisting of coloring books and doodle pads are available for the young children during our Sunday 1pm Worship Service. Feel free to borrow a “bag” located in the back by the foyer for your child to use during this time, and just return them back to the ushers at the completion of worship.

7- Would you like to share God’s word with our children? Here is your chance to share your gift and God’s message with them. Sunday School is looking for 2 teachers for a short 3 month rotation. Kindly see Vicki and/or Doreen in volunteering your time in helping out.

Prayers of Concern & Comfort and Prayers of Blessings:

Prayer for those who are assisting in planning many of FCPC’s upcoming events and gatherings as the Holidays approach. May they do everything in the Spirit and may FCPC bear much fruit.

Prayer for peace amidst the current turmoil and conflict in countries all around the world such as Syria and Egypt.

Prayer for the continued health and strength of our FCPC members and tireless volunteers. May they continue good works in the Spirit. May they be blessed with wisdom and with the support of their brothers and sisters.

Prayer for our students. May they continue to fellowship with FCPC in many ways while in school.

Prayer for those who are in ill health or recovering, such as Ms. Lan Jin Mock, Dr. Wayne Ho, Mr. Will Ho and Ms. Mulun Liang.

Prayer for all those struggling during these difficult economic times, especially the Elderly and Homeless.

Prayer for the Fellowships and community activities of FCPC.

Prayer for the men and women serving in