Church News - 03.20.15

1 view

FCPC CEM

Mar 20, 2015, 6:45:05 PM3/20/15
to fcp...@googlegroups.com

GET CONNECTED:

  • 'LIKE' FCPC ON FACEBOOK!
  • FOLLOW FCPC ON TWITTER (@FCPCNYC)!
  • Visit our website!

SERVICE AT SERVICE:

  • We are working on the English Worship Service volunteer list for Sundays April 26-June 21. If you would like to serve as a worship leader, an usher, or help in any other capacity, please contact a CEM member by emailing fcpc...@gmail.com.

UPCOMING EVENTS:

  • English Worship Service – Sundays, 1 pm
  • JYF Fellowship – This Sunday, 3/22, 12 pm
  • Good Friday Service – Friday 4/3
  • Easter Service – Sunday, 4/5
  • JYF/BASIC Joint Fellowship at AMNH – Saturday, 4/11

GOOD FRIDAY HOLY COMMUNION SERVICE:

紐約中華基督教長老會

The First Chinese Presbyterian Church

基督受難節聖餐暨聖樂崇拜

Good Friday Holy Communion Service

  Date: 二零一五年四月三日April 3, 2015

  Time: 下午七時7:00 p.m.

  Place: 華埠顯利街61號本會聖堂

Church Sanctuary

61 Henry Street, New York, NY 10002

  Speaker: 文希甄宣教師 Ms. Hazel Man

本堂詩班獻唱受難節詩選

The Choir will present a selection of Hymns.

請各兄姊屆時赴會

All are welcome to attend the service.

NEWS/ANNOUNCEMENTS:

  • FCPC’s English Worship Service…Will be this Sunday, 3/22 at 1 pm in the church sanctuary. Henry Kuo will deliver the sermon titled “The Dangerous Church”.
  • Mini Children’s Sermons…will be given at every English worship service. Young children of the church are invited to come forward to hear this special message crafted especially for them. CEM would also like to remind parents that packets found in the foyer can be borrowed for their children to entertain themselves during the rest of the service. The kits include crayons and age-designated activity books to keep them occupied throughout the service.
  • Breaking News…A majority of presbyteries in the Presbyterian Church (USA) have approved an amendment on marriage in the Book of Order. In doing so, our denomination has affirmed its support for marriage covenants between same gendered persons in civil jurisdictions permitting it, without requiring every teaching elder or congregation perform such weddings if requested. Read more about this on https://www.facebook.com/pcusa/posts/10152855188155208
  • Afternoon at the Museum…JYF / BASIC Joint Fellowship will be postponed from 3/22 to 4/11 (Saturday). We are enjoying a day at the American Museum of Natural History plus planned activities. Meet at 1:00 pm on the front steps of the museum and sneakers recommended! Please contact Gilbert Wong if you are participating as he needs a headcount for admission.
  • The 2015 Churchwide Gathering of Presbyterian Women…will be held June 18–21, 2015 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The theme of the Gathering is “One Body, One Spirit,” based on 1 Corinthians 12:12–27. As always, workshops, plenary sessions, worship, mission opportunities, and all Gathering programming will explore the theme in the context of a diverse, faithful sisterhood. Registration for the event is just $395 (less than in 2012!), plus lodging and transportation. Are you ready to register? If so, visit the official Churchwide Gathering website: www.presbyterianwomen.org/gathering.

PRAYERS OF CONCERN & COMFORT AND PRAYERS OF BLESSINGS:

  • Thanksgiving for the free gift of God’s grace, the fellowship we share as a church family, and the many blessings we have been given.
  • Prayers for peace in the midst of the conflicts, wars, and divisions that are taking place in our world.
  • Prayers for forgiveness, healing, and reconciliation between friends, families, communities, and nations.
  • Prayers for the health of our local communities. We ask for opportunities and strength to reach out to those around us.

執事會今年三月七日新春大探訪,荷蒙下列各兄姊捐助生果、糕點、頸巾、禮物代金;義務駕車接送各參加者,謹此致謝

捐助者芳名: 趙雷月華女士、李許妙梨長老、雷顯彬夫婦、

雷明進夫婦、湯淑芬小姐、梁安娜女士、曾泳河女士、

關悅雄夫婦、曾謝天怜執事

義務駕車司機: 林務堅長老、梁燊南長老、李乃祥董事、

雷明進長老、譚建理執事

Acknowledgment

The Board of Deacons would like to express their sincere thanks to those

who supported and prayed for our Annual Lunar New Year’s Visitation to Atlantis Nursing Home on 3/7/2015. We appreciate for your offerings,

fruits, scarves and bakery goods as well as the wonderful volunteer drivers.

Donators: Mrs. Yuet Wah Chiu, Elder Miao Li Lee, Mr. & Mrs. Peter Louie,

Elder & Mrs. Charles Louie, Miss Suk Fun Tong, Ms. Anna Leung,

Ms. Yong He Zeng, Elder & Mrs. Henry Quan, Deacon Doreen Cheung.

Volunteer drivers: Elder Daniel Lam, Elder San Leong, Mr. Niteung Lee,

Elder Charles Louie, Deacon Peter Tam.