Church News | 04.10.15

1 view

FCPC CEM

Apr 10, 2015, 3:25:11 PM4/10/15
to fcp...@googlegroups.com

GET CONNECTED:

'LIKE' FCPC ON FACEBOOK!

FOLLOW FCPC ON TWITTER (@FCPCNYC)!

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVICE AT SERVICE:

We are working on the English Worship Service volunteer list for Sundays May 10 - June 21. If you would like to serve as a worship leader, an usher, or help in any other capacity, please contact a CEM member by emailing fcpc...@gmail.com.

UPCOMING EVENTS:

English Worship Service – Sundays, 1 pm

Junior Youth Fellowship – Sundays, 12 pm

Adult Fellowship – Sunday, 4/12

NEWS/ANNOUNCEMENTS:

FCPC’S ENGLISH WORSHIP SERVICE…Will be this Sunday, 4/12 at 1pm in the church sanctuary. This week’s message will be given by TE Nathan Lim, and is titled “Heard, Seen, Touched”.

CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COMMITTEE... Will be meeting on Sunday, April 12 at 2:30 pm in room 309.  Please plan accordingly.

SWEET DREAMS!  Oh, what's in a dream? Join us for JYF this and next week as we talk about famous messages hidden in dreams, famous dreamers, and their interpreters. Together, we'll continue to explore all the different ways we are "spoken" to and how we can open our minds to "listen".

WHAT'S SO FUNNY? Join Adult Fellowship as we learn more about the second L in Fellowship.  It's been said that Laughter is the best medicine, so let us tickle your funny bone with some wise cracking humor. It'll be so much pun! AF meetsSunday, 4/12, at 2:30 on the second floor.

TE NATHAN…will be on leave from April 15-22.  In his absence please contact Ms. Hazel Man at the church office.

BIG TENT...Experience that deep sense of community one would expect at a national gathering of Presbyterians—a great big family reunion! Join PCUSA July 30-Aug 1 in Knoxville, TN, for a wide variety of workshops, all under one Big Tent, a conference that will inspire and equip Presbyterians to live missionally. Only $395 per person, which includes accommodations, seven meals, campus parking and outstanding programming. Fees for children and youth are no more than $150 each.  For more information on featured speakers, workshops, registration, etc. visit: www.pcusa.org/bigtent

THE 2015 CHURCHWIDE GATHERING OF PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN…will be held June 18–21, 2015 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The theme of the Gathering is “One Body, One Spirit,” based on 1 Corinthians 12:12–27. As always, workshops, plenary sessions, worship, mission opportunities, and all Gathering programming will explore the theme in the context of a diverse, faithful sisterhood. Registration for the event is just $395 (less than in 2012!), plus lodging and transportation. Are you ready to register? If so, visit the official Churchwide Gathering website: www.presbyterianwomen.org/gathering

PRAYERS OF CONCERN & COMFORT AND PRAYERS OF BLESSINGS:

Thanksgiving for the free gift of God’s grace, the fellowship we share as a church family, and the many blessings we have been given.

Prayers for peace in the midst of the conflicts, wars, and divisions that are taking place in our world.

Prayers for forgiveness, healing, and reconciliation between friends, families, communities, and nations.

Prayers for strength and healing for Larissa Kwong Abazia, Vice Moderator of the 221st General Assembly, as she lives through cancer.