Church News

fcpc.cem

Feb 6, 2015, 11:52:07 AM2/6/15
to fcp...@googlegroups.com

'LIKE' FCPC ON FACEBOOK! FOLLOW FCPC ON TWITTER (@FCPCNYC)! Visit our website!

ANNOUNCEMENTS / EVENTS

**Service at Service! Our English Evangelist is working on the English Worship Service volunteer list for Sundays March 15-June 7. If you would like to serve as a worship leader, usher, or help in any other capacity, please see Andrew Jasko or email him at fcpc...@gmail.com. He would like to encourage more members to serve and reach out to more people.

1 - English Worship Service – Sundays, 1 pm

2 - JYF Fellowship – Sundays, 12 pm

3 - Adult Fellowship – This Sunday, 2/8

4 - BASIC/JYF Fellowship – Sunday, 2/22

5 - Sunday FUNday! – Sunday, March 1

1 - FCPC’s English Worship Service will be this Sunday 2/8 at 1 pm in the church sanctuary. English Evangelist Andrew Jasko will deliver the sermon titled “Be Strong and Do Not Give Up.”

2 - JUNIOR YOUTH FELLOWSHIP (JYF) is now meeting every week! We’re trying something new, so every Sunday (except the 4th week), JYF will meet at 12 pm in room 309. On the 4th Sunday, we will continue to have joint fellowship with BASIC at 2:30 pm. As a reminder, anyone in Grades 6-12 is free to join us for team building activities, Bible study, and fun. Lunch will be provided at the 12 pm fellowship. Any questions? Please contact Liz Louie-Tu (fcpc...@mail.com) for details.

3 - ADULT FELLOWSHIP will be meeting this Sunday at 2:30 pm on the second floor. Join us as we eggs-plore encouragement, the "E" in Adult FELLOWSHIP.

4 - CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COMMITTEE MEETING will convene this Sunday 2/8 at 2:30 pm in room 309. Please plan accordingly.

5 - CALLING ALL MUSICIANS and individuals who just love music: we're looking to form a new worship praise team to serve in the English Service once a month. No prior experience necessary! Can't play an instrument? No worries, you can sing or we can teach you percussions! Speak with Andrew Jasko if you're interested in being a part of this exciting group!

6 - LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT DAY, hosted by the Committee on Congregational Ministry and Nurture (CM&N), serves to equip church members to serve Christ in their church and their community. This year Rev. E. Stanley Ott, will be the keynote speaker and will be leading a workshop entitled, "Small Congregations - Leadership Matters." Event will take place 2/28 at 8 am – 3 pm at Brick Presbyterian Church.

7 - BASIC/JYF Fellowship will meet next on Sunday, 2/22 at 2:30 pm.

8 - MINI CHILDREN’S SERMONS will be given at every English worship service. Young children of the church are invited to come forward to hear this special message crafted especially for them. CEM would also like to remind parents that packets found in the foyer can be borrowed for their children to entertain themselves during the rest of the service. The kits include crayons and age-designated activity books to keep them occupied throughout the service.

Prayers of Concern & Comfort and Prayers of Blessings:

·         Thanksgiving for the many blessings in our lives and the strength that God gives us in all of our tribulations.

·         Prayers for fresh vision and wisdom for all of the ministries in our church and those who volunteer their time and talents.

·         Prayers for our spiritual lives individually and as a community, that God would draw us closer and strengthen us in love and unity.

·         Prayers for the health of our local communities. We ask for opportunities and strength to reach out to those around us.