Jan 30 - Flat Classroom Program update from Julie - Please read!

Julie Lindsay

Jan 30, 2011, 3:59:20 AM1/30/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com, billy...@staff.nanjing-school.com, Simon May, lindsa...@gmail.com, Vicki Davis
Dear all

I sent out a meeting invite for presenters via Timebridge. Please take a look at that and reply asap so we can finalise the time. Thanks Bernajean for heads up you are not available.

OK, the program is available at http://tinyurl.com/flatconference2011

The meeting will give us all a chance to talk through it, but here are some pertinent items for your attention:
  • Bernajean and Frank - thank you! for your work so far putting together how you want to approach the multimedia and storytelling side of the summit. Essentially we have integrated your needs, but with the exception of running the workshops later than 5:30 each day. The Friday we are all going out for a social event. The Saturday, we can play that by ear and certainly the school facilities will be available 24 hours if you wish to work late on that night. So preparation time leading to Oral pitch (midday on Friday) =  3.5 hours, and then preparation time leading to Multimedia presentation (11:15 on Saturday) = 4 hours. From 1pm on Saturday you both have the TOP SIX teams to work with until 11:45 Sunday when the Closing Ceremony starts.
  • Bernajean, Frank, Kim and Andrew - We have you all down to deliver our version of ted talks: Flat Learning Action Talks. We are also encouraging student talks as well. Please let me know your topics. remember these will go for no longer than 10 min.
  • On the Friday we are running 2 x Web 2.0 and Multimedia bootcamp sessions. Kim and I will be with the Student Summit, and we will need at least one ADE with us (or Vicki....not sure what you are doing exactly here), however everyone else will be spread around the school offering sessions. Please check the tab on the spreadsheet and update me with your workshop title and outline. These are 45 min long, and you can run two completely different sessions, or two sessions of exactly the same material, or in fact 2 sequential sessions. It is up to you. ADEs you will be running skill building with Web 2.0 and essential multimedia, let me know your ideas and thoughts about this as well
I haven't put this online yet, waiting for your meeting to finalise, but this is how we see the presenter setup:

Leadership Workshop: Led by Vicki. Three x cohorts when breaking from Leadership plenary
  • Cohort 1: Vicki with Tom and 2 x Iowa grads
  • Cohort 2: Andrew with Madeleine and 2 x Iowa grads
  • Cohort 3: Leigh with Ann and 2 x Iowa grads
Student Summit: Led by Julie
  • co-leader Kim
  • Multimedia and Digital storytelling - Bernajean and Frank
  • ADE facilitators: Billy and Simon and 2 x Iowa grads (Leigh let me know if this works or if they all want to be in the Leadership strand)
OK, don't forget to send your receipts to Vicki as she is writing reimbursement and stipend cheques this weekend!
ADEs you will receive your stipend on arrival
Don't forget to send your flight times to Julie for meet and greet service at airport.
Don't forget to reply to Great Wall and Dinner invites
Hotel booking....Zhejiang you need to fill in the form and we will book, Radisson you go direct yourself.
What else?
Dress code was asked recently - casual, and bring warn clothes. Right now we have sunny days, but cold. No snow yet!
BISS is heated but some rooms not so good....however, we will be cosy given our spaces are not very large!

Look forward to talking to you later this week.

Thanks everyone!
_________________________
"Creating the Future"
Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
E-Learning Coordinator
Beijing (BISS) International School
Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
Mobile: +86 13521205978
Director Flat Classroom™ Projects
http://flatclassroomproject.net
http://flatclassroomconference.com
lindsa...@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
Blog: http://123elearning.blogspot.com
Wiki: http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com

Madeleine Brookes

Jan 30, 2011, 4:50:06 AM1/30/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
URL - can't seem to access - may be me?
--
Madeleine Brookes
Western Academy of Beijing (WAB)

http://insideitgs.net/
http://technology4thinking.com/

Julie Lindsay

Feb 1, 2011, 9:54:22 AM2/1/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com, billy...@staff.nanjing-school.com, Simon May, lindsa...@gmail.com, Vicki Davis
Dear all

Apologies, I have been totally offline for 36 hours. The URL I sent out did not work.......
Here is the correct URL for the Flat Classroom Conference program

http://tinyurl.com/flatconf2011

Catch you all online soon!

Thanks