Important: Flat Classroom Student Summit Handout attached

1 view

Julie Lindsay

Jan 30, 2011, 11:21:19 AM1/30/11
to lindsa...@gmail.com, vi...@coolcatteacher.com, tga...@sis.org.cn, ia...@bj.ycef.com, joan.h...@stonehill.in, madelein...@gmail.com, wardan...@hotmail.com, fam...@gsis.sc.kr, lishe...@rdfz.cn, cwh...@hotmail.com, shelde...@gmail.com, stephen....@gmail.com, moo...@iabchina.net, hbarra...@thinkglobalschool.com, Ashley Silver, Vicki Davis, confe...@flatclassroom.org, fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Dear Student Summit teachers (CC to presenters for info)

I have attached the Student Summit handout for your review and to distribute amongst your students. I would encourage soft copy distribution at this stage as there may still be some changes. We will provide a soft and/or copy at the start of the conference of the latest version.

In addition, here is the link to the Google spreadsheet with Program and more detailed schedule information http://tinyurl.com/flatconference2011
Apologies to those in China, you will need a VPN to view it. All details will be transferred to a wiki in a week or so.

Please read the Teacher Checklist in the attached doc carefully. I ask you for some media to use at the opening of the summit - images, short video material.

In addition, and this is NOT in the handout, we are looking for some students who may be willing and confident to present during our F.L.A.T.s sessions (these are our version of TedTalks). These talks can be on any topic, must be no longer than 10 min, be interesting and passionate, and supported by effective multimedia (not a typical PowerPoint). Let me know if you have a student that can rise to this challenge!

I will be offline for a couple of days, going to explore Tianjin for a break. Look forward to hearing from you when I get back Tuesday/Wednesday.

Not long to go now!  As always, send logistical questions to Steve Madsen. Thanks Steve!

Oh, also the wiki is developing at http://conference2011.flatclassroomproject.org/
_________________________
Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
Director Flat Classroom™ Projects
http://flatclassroomproject.net
http://flatclassroomconference.com
lindsa...@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
Blog: http://123elearning.blogspot.com
Wiki: http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com

FCC_2011_Student_Summit_handout.pdf

Bernajean Porter

Jan 30, 2011, 12:20:22 PM1/30/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Julie - for the formal "TED" talks - how does one directed specifically at Coaching Performing VoiceOvers sound to you - not too big of a topic and VERY helpful to student work

Or I can share the I-imagine: Taking My Place in the World - have launched it with 100 students already - amazing experiences and results - really joyful and important work with kids

what do you think

Bernajean

PS Am I presenting to the adults in any other way - we talked about it but not sure how it panned out into specifics

If it is still on radar screen - suggest --> Project Headware NOT Hardware

<FCC_2011_Student_Summit_handout.pdf>

Tell your tales; make them true. If they endure, so will you. James Keller

Bernajean Porter
1745 Wazee Loft 2-D
Denver, CO 80202

720-381-6336 (voice)
bernajeanporter (twitter)
Bernajena Pinazzo (SL)

web.mac.com/bernajeanporter (blog + fun stuff)

Julie Lindsay

Jan 30, 2011, 7:14:15 PM1/30/11
to lindsa...@gmail.com, vi...@coolcatteacher.com, tga...@sis.org.cn, ia...@bj.ycef.com, joan.h...@stonehill.in, madelein...@gmail.com, wardan...@hotmail.com, fam...@gsis.sc.kr, lishe...@rdfz.cn, cwh...@hotmail.com, shelde...@gmail.com, stephen....@gmail.com, moo...@iabchina.net, hbarra...@thinkglobalschool.com, Ashley Silver, Vicki Davis, confe...@flatclassroom.org, fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
HI all

I forgot to attach the Photo/video permission for that each student is to sign and bring.

Thanks
Julie
_________________________
"Creating the Future"

Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
E-Learning Coordinator
Beijing (BISS) International School
Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
Mobile: +86 13521205978
Multimedia_online_permission_form_Feb2011.doc

Vicki Davis, Cool Cat Teacher™

Jan 30, 2011, 9:36:19 PM1/30/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
I will look at this - yes - most of you are part of the "bootcamp" experience on the first day. I'll look at the program - was thinking it was being sent out overnight last night but will chat w/ Julie today. expect the full program any moment.

Vicki A. Davis
www.coolcatteacher.com
Blog:  http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com
Twitter: @coolcatteacher