Update re Zhejiang Hotel Flat Classroom - please read

Julie Lindsay

Feb 11, 2011, 2:21:01 AM2/11/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com, Joseph Fambro, Ian Gabrielson, Joan Huntley, Stephen Wilmarth, Ann Martin, billy...@staff.nanjing-school.com, Salim Al-Busaidi, Ashley Silver, lindsa...@gmail.com, Vicki Davis, confe...@flatclassroom.org
Dear all

I have attached hotel details for presenters and student summit groups. Can you check for me? Arriving flight data is not necessary however arriving time should be close. It looks like you are all arriving afternoon / evening to the hotel, if it was early morning you would not be able to get into the room.
Stephen, your group coming from the train and straight onto the wall trip can store their luggage at BISS for the day.

Those checking out Sunday morning can store luggage at school.

I met with the hotel today and gave them a large Flat Classroom poster, I hope they display it in full view so you feel reassured when you get there!

Some further points to note:
  • The leader of each group, or each individual person, will need to put up a credit card for a holding deposit of ONE night for EACH room. I could not talk them around this, and it is standard practice. I did manage to explain the student rooms would not be able to do this themselves, but that means each group leader must. Please be prepared for this.
  • Vicki, Leigh, Kim, Andrew, Frank, Steve M, Bernajean - your rooms will be prepaid, but you will still need to put a security deposit on your credit card. Leigh and Vicki you will be the group leaders as well and need to cover the other rooms deposit
  • Payment is in advance at check-in for all rooms. You may pay in cash or credit.
  • Yet to come are instructions in Chinese how to get to hotel etc, just in case you need it, as well as a map of the area etc. It will include suggested restaurants for those who need a meal or 2 before the conference starts
  • Transport arrangements are being made for pickups, please check the wiki once again to confirm we have your arrival info correct. http://conference2011.biss.wikispaces.net/schedule  so you will NOT be left stranded at the airport!
  • Please let me know if you need any changes made to the attached spreadsheet as it might be easier on you if I do that now rather than you try and explain on arrival
  • You will be met at the airport/station by an English speaking person (mostly teachers) but this person in MOST cases will not be coming back to the hotel with you.
  • My mobile: 13521205978  :-)
Are you getting excited yet!!??
Thanks everyone, have a great weekend!

Julie
_________________________
"Creating the Future"
Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
E-Learning Coordinator
Beijing (BISS) International School
Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
Mobile: +86 13521205978
Director Flat Classroom™ Projects
http://flatclassroomproject.net
http://flatclassroomconference.com
lindsa...@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
Blog: http://123elearning.blogspot.com
Wiki: http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com

Feb_11_Accommodation_Students_Presenters.xls

Leigh Zeitz

Feb 11, 2011, 9:54:01 AM2/11/11
to FCP Presenters Google Group
Thanks for the info, Julie.

We are incredibly excited!!!!!

I will forward this to my wife, Kathy.  She is handling the logistics.  Behind every man is an organized woman.

We will gladly put up the necessary credit card for the deposit.

See you soon.

Leigh

 BTW, how is the Virtual Participants sign up going?  I have a class of 26 students who would like to participate but we don’t want to overflow your group. Thanks.
 <http://www.retaggr.com/Card/julielindsay>

--
Leigh E. Zeitz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor