FCConference: Dec administrivia

smadsenau

Dec 11, 2010, 5:56:19 PM12/11/10
to FCP Conference 2011
Flat Classroom Conference Beijing 2011

Hello All,

I would ask the facilitators from outside of China to register for the
conference which can be done at:
http://www.flatclassroomconference.com/register-now.html

I have yet to enter your details into my database and need to do so.

Also you need to check out the accommodation details at:
http://www.flatclassroomconference.com/zhejiang-hotel-booking.html

Frank has indicated he will stay at the Radisson Blu. Vicki, Julie
and I will stay at the Beijing Zhejiang Hotel

Thomas Galvez, Ann Martin, Vicki, Julie I have your details.

Leigh, please ask your university students to register as well. I
have it in my head that 8 university students will attend. Please
advise if this is not correct.

Thanks all.

Steve Madsen
Flat Classroom Conference Administrator

Bernajean Porter

Dec 11, 2010, 6:35:58 PM12/11/10
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Steve - thank you for managing these logistics - I know it really helps Julie and Vicki - so kind to all of us!

Can you tell me - besides pricing - what you think of difference between the two hotels - distance - amenities - any thing else.  Torn - not sure

thanks - looking forward to seeing you again
Bernajean

On Dec 11, 2010, at 3:56 PM, smadsenau wrote:

Beijing Zhejiang Hotel

Tell your tales; make them true. If they endure, so will you. James Keller

Bernajean Porter
1745 Wazee Loft 2-D
Denver, CO 80202

720-381-6336 (voice)
bernajeanporter (twitter)
Bernajena Pinazzo (SL)

web.mac.com/bernajeanporter (blog + fun stuff)

Bernajean Porter

Dec 11, 2010, 6:42:22 PM12/11/10
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Steve - one more question - is free internet available at the  Beijing Zhejiang Hotel?  Can't seem to find that info on website - thaks

Julie Lindsay

Dec 11, 2010, 7:21:19 PM12/11/10
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

OK the Zhejiang hotel is right next to the school. It is fairly large, and very Chinese in that English is not spoken that much. The rooms are good, Internet is included as is breakfast, however it will not be the western sort of breakfast you are used to. In the immediate vicinity is a shopping centre (1 min walk) with Costa Coffee, Sizzlers, Macdonalds, Pizza hut, a pharmacy, a supermarket (western style) and other shops. There are many other restaurants in the nearby streets.
The Radisson is very typical of other hotels anywhere in the world. It has restaurants and functions areas and shops and is a bustling expat haven. Immediate vicinity has a very large Carrefours supermarket and restaurants (I think.....I am not as familiar with this area). It is also a little closer to other attractions in town for evening excursions. Internet is provided as is a full buffet breakfast. The only disadvantage is the travel time to school.......it just means you will need to be up a earlier to compensate for morning traffic.

Hope this helps!
_________________________
"Creating the Future"
Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
E-Learning Coordinator
Beijing (BISS) International School
Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
Mobile: +86 13521205978
Director Flat Classroom™ Projects
http://flatclassroomproject.net
http://flatclassroomconference.com
lindsa...@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
Blog: http://123elearning.blogspot.com
Wiki: http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com

Bernajean Porter

Dec 11, 2010, 8:51:19 PM12/11/10
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Julie - can you give us an estimate about time to/from and maybe expense of taxie - again estimate is fine

And I didn't expect to hear from you right away -I knew you had hands quite full with book writing - so no worries!

Bernajean

PS Do you feel you would need me and/or others onsite with you to help with students - let us know that so we can pitch in if that is what you need

Julie Lindsay

Dec 11, 2010, 9:12:07 PM12/11/10
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Time of travel to and from the Radisson to BISS (Conference venue): anywhere form 15-45 min.
Cost: About 20-40 RMB, so about $3:50-$7. Taxis can take up to 4 people.

_________________________
"Creating the Future"
Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
E-Learning Coordinator
Beijing (BISS) International School
Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
Mobile: +86 13521205978
Director Flat Classroom™ Projects
http://flatclassroomproject.net
http://flatclassroomconference.com
lindsa...@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
Blog: http://123elearning.blogspot.com
Wiki: http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com

Leigh Zeitz

Dec 11, 2010, 10:19:50 PM12/11/10
to FCP Presenters Google Group
Steve,

We would like to stay at the Beijing Zhejiang Hotel. I understand that it
is the closest one to the conference and the same price as the Radisson Blu.
It doesn't make sense to me to go to another country and stay in a hotel
that is similar to a hotel you could experience in other parts of the world.

Yes, we have 8 students coming:
Deb Bruxvoort
Brandi Day
Jami Elliott
Carrie Jacobs
Farah Kashef
Jennie Kies
Cathy Olson
Lisa Schaa

My wife and I will be coming as well:
Kathy Klink-Zeitz
Leigh Zeitz

Thank you for organizing this. I hope that I have completed everything that
needs to be done. Please inform me of any more information that you may
need.

Leigh Zeitz

--
Leigh E. Zeitz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

T Galvez

Feb 1, 2011, 11:02:33 PM2/1/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

I mentioned to Julie, but I haven't officially registered them yet. I will have two student virtual participants. Can you please add them to the list for when creating the project teams? Their names are:

Vivian Ma (female- grade 12)
Thomas Laas (male- grade 10)

Let me know if you need any more information about them.

Thanks!

Thomas Galvez
Shekou International School

Julie Lindsay

Feb 1, 2011, 11:06:17 PM2/1/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com
Tom, I have these names and will now add to virtual participant list.

Thanks!

_________________________
"Creating the Future"
Julie Lindsay, MA (Music), MA (ETL), ADE 
E-Learning Coordinator
Beijing (BISS) International School
Tel: +8610 6443 3151/2/3
Mobile: +86 13521205978
Director Flat Classroom™ Projects
http://flatclassroomproject.net
http://flatclassroomconference.com
lindsa...@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype/Delicious: julielindsay
Blog: http://123elearning.blogspot.com
Wiki: http://julielindsay.wikispaces.com

Steve Madsen

Feb 2, 2011, 1:24:26 AM2/2/11
to fcp-confe...@googlegroups.com

Thank Thomas, I’ve noted them as virtual participants along with your face-to-face students.

Steve