Fcitx 5.0.22

Weng Xuetian

Mar 10, 2023, 11:54:01 PM3/10/23
to fcitx, fcitx-dev, fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
It has been a while since the last release. There are some important
changes in my personal life. Two new members joined my family in
January, and the whole family is doing great.

Back to the new release. I updated all the icon files (simply resize
to all possible common icon sizes) in this release to workaround a
historical bug in libdbusmenu that failed to resize the icon in tray
menu. So hopefully you will not see a "huge" icon in certain tray
implementations that use libdbusmenu, like xfce4-panel.
Another highlight in this release is that we now support the using
different input methods for different windows/applications when using
text-input on KDE wayland / sway(probably other wlroots compositor
too), just like what we can do under X11.

Another exciting thing is that, Fcitx 5 For Android is now available
on Google Play and f-droid:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fcitx.fcitx5.android
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.fcitx.fcitx5.android/
Supported engine in the android package right now only includes
fcitx5-unikey and fcitx5-chinese-addons.

Other than that are mostly bug fixing and you may find the details below.

xcb-imdkit 1.0.5
- update demo client.

fcitx5 5.0.22
- Implement application name detection on wayland for text-input
client when using KDE / wlroots.
- fix xkb rule parsing
- fix SNI tray menu radio icon
- Avoid forwarding key in certain cases.
- support xkb rule defined in ~/.config/xkb ~/.xkb
- fcitx5-configtool now use "command" instead of "which"
- Improve commit preedit behavior when focus out

fcitx5-anthy 5.0.14
fix custom kana/nicola table loading

fcitx5-chinese-addons 5.0.17
- pinyin dictionary manager now have a button open the user dictionary directory
- hide shuang pin option in pinyin config
- table allow keypad key as selection key

fcitx5-configtool 5.0.17
- show more warning information when use disable addon.

fcitx5-gtk 5.0.22
- fix committing preedit when focus out

fcitx5-hangul 5.0.11
- fix changing layout at runtime

fcitx5-qt 5.0.17
- Fix an issue related to fractional scale with Qt 6.5 in the client
side input panel.
- fix committing preedit when focus out
- workaround QTBUG-108522 in QCompleter

libime 1.0.17
- Improve performance in certain cases by avoiding searching exponentially.
- shuangpin z/c/s shouldn't match zh/ch/sh
- accept lue/nue when parsing text pinyin dictionary

Weng Xuetian

Mar 11, 2023, 5:02:55 PM3/11/23
to fcitx, fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com, fcitx-dev
Upload a re-spin in fcitx5-5.0.22 to fix a issue related to key event issue from chrome/chromium.