Unable to build fcitx5-qt on Debian 12, lots of errrors about undefined references

Etna -

Apr 29, 2024, 8:33:25 AMApr 29
to fcitx
Hi, I am not able to build fcitx5-qt on my system; it keeps failing with all kinds of undefined references. Build system is Debian 12 with Qt 6.4.2 and Qt5.

All known qt6 and qt5 dev packages have been installed. I have built all of fcitx5's dependencies and fcitx5, as well as building fcitx5-qt with clang 15, llvmlibc and libc++, but fcitx5-qt is giving lots of problems. Even trying to build fcitx5-qt with gcc, glibc and libstdc++ also returns similar errors.

fcitx5 and its dependencies are compiled and installed in $HOME/Runtime/Applications/FCITX5

Build failures as attached in failure.txt.

For reference, the build command used is in buildcommand.txt and the cmake configuration result of that build command is in cmakeconfiguresult.txt.

Hope someone can assist me in finding out where the problem is and guiding me to successfully compile fcitx5.

Note: I am not a developer or programmer.
buildcommand.txt
cmakeconfigresult.txt
failure.txt

Boyuan Yang

Apr 30, 2024, 10:20:16 AMApr 30
to fc...@googlegroups.com, punishm...@gmail.com
Hi,
Debian 12 natively provides fcitx5 and fcitx5-qt with both Qt5 and Qt6 support.
I am the package maintainer. As a result, you don't have to compile
from source code.

If you don't have any special needs, please install binary packages from
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fcitx5-qt and
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fcitx5 .
If you have any special needs, please feel free to post here.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang