Inquiry about Fcitx5 Use

mcado...@gmail.com

May 1, 2020, 9:55:28 PM5/1/20
to fcitx
Hi, Guys
I just tried to use Wayland in Plasma5. I installed fcitx5 without issue, but it doesn't work properly (Ctrl+space doesn't work. No response in Firefox, etc... ). Is there any configuration guide? Is Fcitx5 recommended in Wayland instead of fcitx4? Thanks

Regards
McAdoo

Weng Xuetian

May 9, 2020, 2:45:32 PM5/9/20
to fcitx
Wayland is in general not a good choice for now. (no matter what
desktop or input method framework you use).
for fcitx case, only "might a little bit possible" combination is set
env var by .pam_environment, + kimpanel under KDE. But you're expected
to see offset between input window and applications and there's
nothing we can do about it for now.