Fcitx 5.0.5 is now available.

Weng Xuetian

Feb 19, 2021, 1:38:37 AM2/19/21
to fcitx, fcitx-dev, fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Due to I found a semi-critical (don't worry if you're using X11) bug
when running under wayland, I decided to mark a new release earlier
than the plan. But still, this release still contains some exciting
features, especially for wayland.

fcitx5
* Add a new client side ui api to have extensive support for the
client side input panel. For more details, please check:
https://www.csslayer.info/wordpress/fcitx-dev/client-side-input-panel-for-fcitx-5/
* Fix a bunch of issue in classic ui theme and add an option for
customize border if image is not used.
* fix ibus frontend content type
* reduce the memory usage by making unicode data load on demand.

fcitx5-gtk,qt
add support for client side input window on wayland to get the correct
positioning. Due to some limitation on wayland, you may want to
disable the popup fading effect under kwin.

libime
Add a lot of new pronunciation to the data

fcitx5-unikey
Fix the behavior related to auto restore.

fcitx5-chinese-addons
reduce the memory by make pinyin helper data load on-demand
change the default punctuation mapping for * from multiple sign to *.

fcitx5-skk,kkc
show mode information if the input mode is changed.

fcitx5-configtool
fix kcm's color option
fix font option

fcitx5-lua
some new API related to change input method and application name

Others are mainly translation updates.

Enjoy typing!