Fcitx 5.0.18

Weng Xuetian

Jul 3, 2022, 5:33:57 PM7/3/22
to fcitx, fcitx-dev, fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Fcitx 5.0.18 and other fcitx5 updates are now available on
download.fcitx-im.org. In this release we update the libime's language
model and add new words to the default pinyin dictionary. We are now
using a new set of data instead of open-gram.

There is also a new engine fcitx5-bamboo in this release. It is based
on a Vietnamese engine using go:
https://github.com/BambooEngine/bamboo-core. Since it's new, I'd still
like to consider it as a preview version, but feel free to give it a
try.

Also I'd like to thank our French translator for adding French support
to lots of packages.

Other highlights in this update are:
fcitx5 5.0.18
1. Support for plasma themes in classicui (require latest
fcitx5-configtool), this feature is considered experimental, and may
not work within flatpak.
2. Fix client cursor disappears when using qt text-input-v2
3. Fix clear text when ctrl+c when using gtk text-input-v3
4. Fix a rare wayland protocol error on sway

fcitx5-gtk 5.0.16
1. Fix theme does not reload if only theme config is changed.
2. Fix client side ui not shown up when using emacs pgtk feature.

fcitx5-anthy 5.0.12
update default conversion rule to accept using "ci" "kwa" etc just like mozc

fcitx5-chinese-addons 5.0.14
1. moving the cursor will filter the candidates to show only text till
the cursor in Pinyin. This allows you to easily select a prefix of the
sentence result, instead of selecting every single word till the point
you want to change.
For example, typing "ni hao shi jie" and move cursor between hao/shi
will make the matched sentence to show only till "你好", so select only
a partial sentence is now possible.
2. allow you to learn phrases with other phrases in the table engine.
3. ng/gn option is renamed to common typo and includes more auto
correction. See libime changelog for more details on this change.

libime 1.0.13
1. new dictionary and new language model data, this also removes the
python dependency during the build.
2. fix a crash in pinyin under certain rare cases.
3. jqx + v is not part of u/v fuzzy, but part of "common typo". This
allows you to type jv, qve by default.
4. "common typo" flag is the old ng/gn fuzzy flag. Now it contains
ion/iong, ng/gn, and some u/v.

fcitx5-rime 5.0.14
Status change notification now uses its own notification id, so you
can hide them individually. Previously they were using the same id of
the notification of deployment.

fcitx5-bamboo 1.0.0
A new vietnamese engine based on https://github.com/BambooEngine/bamboo-core.

Thanks,