fcitx-qt 1.1.0 and some other updates

Weng Xuetian

Feb 8, 2017, 12:37:49 PM2/8/17
to fcitx, fcitx-dev, fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Since qt4's webkit is not being maintained anymore. For security reason, we need to move to qt5's webengine (or the qtwebkit-ng, but it's not mature yet) and the only config ui that uses qtwebkit is inside fcitx-libpinyin.

For a long time there's no real motivation to port the gui-wrapper to qt5 because there's no plugin use it. So this change forces we to port the gui wrapper to qt5, which is also not a bad thing.

Thanks to Xu Zhao's work, and we now have a gui wrapper in qt5. The new version of kcm and configtool also contain the necessary changes to adopt this new wrapper.

Also, there's some technical reason that kcm can't simply embed the qt5 plugin, because webengine loading from plugin need to execute some code before QApplication constructs, which we don't have control. So it goes a step back, to the old fashioned configtool way by launching gui wrapper directly.

In short, for packagers, make sure you have these four package update at the same time:
fcitx-configtool 0.4.9
fcitx-libpinyin 0.5.0
fcitx-qt5 1.1.0
kcm-fcitx 0.5.4