Fcitx 5 5.1.3

Weng Xuetian

Nov 4, 2023, 12:17:03 AM11/4/23
to fcitx, fcitx-dev, fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I decided to do a hotfix release on
fcitx5 and fcitx5-qt.

New fcitx5 actually introduces a new feature that delegates the
kimpanel UI to classicui if it is under wayland. The reason for this
is that the kimpanel popup itself doesn't really work well under
wayland and it's a part of the plasma default layout.

In the new wayland warning that we introduced in previous release
5.1.2, we instruct users to use wayland frontend if possible. If
kimpanel is also being used, the popup window position would be wrong.

To allow kimpanel being used while not breaking the popup window
position, a change was made to only use the kimpanel status area under
KDE.

In order to resolve this issue, fcitx5 5.1.3 made a change to use
classicui to display the popup, as required by zwp_input_method_v1
protocol, but it will also automatically use the plasma theme if
possible (require to have fcitx5-configtool installed, otherwise
classicui theme will be used so it's still usable). So the overall
experience won't really change.

New fcitx5-qt 5.1.3 is mainly to fix the build against pre-6.6 Qt
since it tries to use some new private header introduced only in Qt
6.6.

Weng Xuetian

Nov 4, 2023, 9:26:59 PM11/4/23
to fcitx, fcitx-dev, fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com
Just uploaded fcitx5 5.1.4 to fix a x tray menu positioning bug
introduced in 5.1.2.

This bug only affects xembed based tray icon, not status notification
item based icon.

Weng Xuetian

Nov 8, 2023, 3:35:39 PM11/8/23
to fcitx, fcitx-dev, fcitx-a...@googlegroups.com
Just uploaded 5.1.5 to fix a crash triggered by race on wayland
https://github.com/fcitx/fcitx5/issues/892 .